SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Blu-Ray? Recommended. Yawn. :rolleyes:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1121/harrypotter_orderofthephoenix.html

HD-DVD? The extras have it. Highly recommended! :D

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/1122/harrypotter_orderofthephoenix.html

One lame extra vs. kick-ass community screening?

Oh yeah... Warner is leaving HD-DVD despite inventing combos, giving away 300 with ever 3rd gen Toshiba player, never releasing The Matrix, Batman Begins or Casablanca on Blu-Ray and selling more copies of "Planet Earth" on HD-DVD.

Blu-Ray=gamer format, lovers of loud craption movies
HD-DVD=format for people who love movies whether they be dramas, comedies, etc.

Blu-Ray? Recommended. Yawn. :rolleyes:

Blu-ray Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix | High-Def Digest

HD-DVD? The extras have it. Highly recommended! :D

HD DVD Review: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix | High-Def Digest

One lame extra vs. kick-ass community screening?

Oh yeah... Warner is leaving HD-DVD despite inventing combos, giving away 300 with ever 3rd gen Toshiba player, never releasing The Matrix, Batman Begins or Casablanca on Blu-Ray and selling more copies of "Planet Earth" on HD-DVD.

The only thing that's a yawn is this post. I think this is at least the third time this review has popped up on this forum...

The movie got the exact same review on both formats. The only difference is the extras, and IMO that all comes down to personal preference. Personally, I prefer the Blu-Ray only video content. The editors of HD Digest obviously disagree with me, but I can read past the .5 star difference and make my own decision.

Actually they reviewer like the HDi interactivity. But he also stated that he liked having all the extras in HD on the BluRay and the 480i TV show on the BluRay too. I would prefer to have the extras in HD and chose from a menu rather then run them in a PIP on HD-DVD during the movie. Choice is Choice -- hint -- PIP on BluRay just might show up in HD too - a rumor but this is a very strong rumor!

Actually they reviewer like the HDi interactivity. But he also stated that he liked having all the extras in HD on the BluRay and the 480i TV show on the BluRay too. I would prefer to have the extras in HD and chose from a menu rather then run them in a PIP on HD-DVD during the movie. Choice is Choice -- hint -- PIP on BluRay just might show up in HD too - a rumor but this is a very strong rumor!

Huh? Profile 1.1 allows PiP on Blu.

The PIP I am refering to is profile 1.1 and the rumor is that the PIP will be in HD. My guess is that you will be able to toggle between the movie and the PIP -- when the PIP is swapped out it becomes HD. I don't see how else this could work?

Choosing from a menu is so SD DVD. Basic HD-DVD's do that. I hate that crap. $20 for a disc should allow seamless branching, PiP and Internet extras. :hungry:

Using OPINION to think the HDDVD has an advantage due to interactivity is a YAWN. PQ PQ PQ is all that matters to me. I think some of these guys would be happy with SD DVD's if they had all of this pretty menu shat.

It amazes me the hard on these keyboard warriors and reviewers have for interactive content. Just give me the damn movie!

I love how some titles are held up because they want to give you menus and pip, boooo.

Here's my process:

*) Put movie in
*) Use skip till I get to movie menu
*) Select PLAY
*) Watch movie
*) Take movie out and send back to Netfli:mad:unless I bought it then it just goes back in the case)

You guys love to give Joe crap about his posts, you and Diogen are no better. What a crock of shat.

Heres an moronic A$$umption like the statement you just made:

Blu-Ray=People with money who buy movies and are smart enough to support to better storage format
HD-DVD=People who are cheap

Using OPINION to think the HDDVD has an advantage due to interactivity is a YAWN. PQ PQ PQ is all that matters to me. I think some of these guys would be happy with SD DVD's if they had all of this pretty menu shat.

It amazes me the hard on these keyboard warriors and reviewers have for interactive content. Just give me the damn movie!

I love how some titles are held up because they want to give you menus and pip, boooo.

Here's my process:

*) Put movie in
*) Select PLAY
*) Watch movie
*) Take movie out and send back to Netfli:mad:unless I bought it then it just goes back in the case)

And, maybe, depending on the movie, flip over and watch some of the deleted scenes or extra movies/featurettes, which I would enjoy more if they were in HD....

You guys love to give Joe crap about his posts, you and Diogen are no better. What a crock of shat.

Heres an moronic A$$umption like the statement you just made:

Blu-Ray=People with money who buy movies and are smart enough to support to better storage format
HD-DVD=People who are cheap

[SIZE=-1]Touché[/SIZE]! ;)

Here's my process:

*) Put movie in
*) Select PLAY
*) Watch movie

Other then I purchase my movies, if I deviate from the above I have to duck -- my wife wants to watch the movie -- not menus, internet, PIPs, just the movie please.