Hilarious and thought provoking: 100 worst baseball players of all time.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I went to the Drudge report and found this article and I could not stop reading and reminisce about all of the TERRIBLE players that made the major. Then you think, 'wow, that means everyone else they played against and DIDN'T make the Major were WORSE than they were....!" LMAO!

Enjoy!

The 100 Worst Baseball Players Of All Time: A Celebration

Make sure you paying close attention to how the story categorizes them. AND as a recommendation, go backward, from 100 to #1...it is MUCH more fun!

Particularly pay attention to the players in the sections called: Just plain bad, Quietly very bad and my VERY favorite, Marvels of staying power! I was almost in tears!

I think this shows why women will never play in the MLB. Even the worst players are better than the best women, or there will always be better men to replace them.

Sent from my Samgung GALAXY tablet using SatelliteGuys

DodgerKing said:
I think this shows why women will never play in the MLB. Even the worst players are better than the best women, or there will always be better men to replace them.

Sent from my Samgung GALAXY tablet using SatelliteGuys

Wow....where did THAT come from?

salsadancer7 said:
Wow....where did THAT come from?

I was watching a diamondbacks game at the time and they were discussing not if women will play, but when. I just connected the article to the discussion.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Another interesting thought related to the saying, "Those who cannot do, teach." Most of the coaches and managers are players who were not all that great or pretty bad. Looking through the list real quick at least two of three of those players are/where managers, and I noticed two of them are HOF managers. There could be more, but I just quickly looked at the list

I can't believe 80's Atlanta Braves catcher Bruce Benedict didn't make the list. He was awful.

I thought I would disagree with more of these than I do. Most of these guys were pretty bad. Some though had some redeeming talent that explains their major league status----Bob Uecker for instance could catch knuckleballs and he tended to wind up on clubs with a knuckleballer and a starting catcher who wanted to take that day off. Butch Hobson definitely had problems in the field but he was not so atrcious there to deserve the bottom 100.

But hey Tony Suck really did ----well you gett he idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)