Hindi Channels on Telstar 5???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrtrance

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
I saw this list "http://www.ftalist.com/ia5.htm "which shows ASC Flix and ASC Xtra as hindi channels which are on the FTA list. However, when you go to their website it shows only available on globecast which means you have to subscribe to it. Does anybody know if they can get these two channels free on their fta systems or do you have to have globecast only w/ subscription?

Did ASC Flix recently get scrambled and before it was FTA? What kind of programming is on ASC Xtra if someone can give some input?

So I read on their website that it's free for limited time only (ASC xtra). Are many of the fta channels are like this free for a while and then pay? I'm concerned since many of these which go to pay are on globecast. If I buy the regular fta systems then I'll be screwed even if I wanted to pay for those channels b/c it would mean that I would have to get new dish (larger one for globecast) and receiver. I went on globecast and it says the same for Ariana TV (recently launched Dari channel) which says free for limited time then 9.99/month after that. I'm picking up a fta system for this channel in particular and now I'm concerned about my purchase. I don't know which system to get now if these channels are free for limited now. Any feedback would be helpful.

mrtrance said:
I don't know which system to get now if these channels are free for limited now. Any feedback would be helpful.

You will need a GlobeCast satellite system. It will allow you to watch the channels while it is FTA. Then when they get scrambled, you will need to call GlobeCast world TV (the nuber will be on the screen) and activate your receiver.

Good luck

So if I purchased a globecast system, I would need a to purchase a single system puls additional receiver and would need to change the single lnb to a dual lnb for 2 tvs. Which dual lnb would match the globecast dish which is a bit larger at 36" than the fortec regular system at 31". Any recommendations? Thanks.

mrtrance said:
If I buy the regular fta systems then I'll be screwed even if I wanted to pay for those channels.....

......... I'm picking up a fta system for this channel in particular and now I'm concerned about my purchase.

In my opinion, I think that you should look at FTA as a hobby. FTA isn't a service, and there isn't anyone who is accountable for what we can pick up. Programs come and go, and I think that most people who have FTA are into it for reasons other than viewing any particular channel on a regular basis. If you're trying to save money by using FTA to pick up a certain channel package, then I'm certain that you'll be disappointed. That's why channels scramble in the first place.

It's not too late! There's a lot of cool stuff on FTA that you'll never see anywhere else. Turn your purchase into your hobby. :) Get into looking for the strange and seldom seen. Try to tune that weak transponder. Use the time that you'd normally be watching TV into trying to get more TV! Watching TV is way overrated anyway :)

Good luck!

123tim said:
Watching TV is way overrated anyway :)

Amen Brother....hehe

On a different note - I really wish that there was more on KU that you could buy. Like some of the 4Dtv stuff....then I could pick and choose what I want. I know I could get a c-band dish but I have too many trees.

But I do like my FTA its fun to hunt for the rally weird stuff...or to be the first one to find a new feed:D

That dual LNB is a dang good one :)

Also, if I remember right, Globecast charges a full subscription per box

Iceberg said:
That dual LNB is a dang good one :)

Also, if I remember right, Globecast charges a full subscription per box

True!

I do a LOAD of BACKFEEDS using diplexers for Globecast customers, or better yet a video sender. Great thing about a video sender it will work on any TV in the home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts