Hindi Direct

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

neena

Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
U.S.A
Help!
I want to subscribe to the Hindi channels on direct tv. Do I need two dishes or is 101 and 95 (one dish) enough.
Also does it have to be a 36" dish?
I am getting all kinds of different responses. I do not want any locals.
Would I be okay to point one dish to just 95w without 101.?
Any suggestions on what kind of dish should I be buying and will I need a switch? I know i am asking a lot of questions.
Thanks in advance.

Hindi Programming

Unfortunately, you will need the 36" DTV dish regardless of locals. The 36" Dish has a dual LNB setup w/ the standard 101 circular LNB and the 95 linear LNB. 95 cannot be picked up with a standard LNB. You will need a 4 x 4 Multi-switch. The 95 input will need to be plugged into the 18v/22KHz port.Also, there are only a few receivers that are compatible with this dish. Since this is my first post I can't direct you to a site for more info, but try to check out SOLIDSIGNAL for more info. Then click on the satellite equipment link and you'll see info on 72.5 and 95.0. The best info I have on programming is that you can subscribe to Hindi stations but must also subscribe to a basic English package for $9.99.mo.

Thankyou. Would a D10 receiver be okay for this dish and programming.
Are all the american channels on 101? Thanks again.

Here is a list of compatible receivers. And yes, English language programming is on 101.

Hughes Network Systems
HDVR2
SD-DVR40
SD-DVR80
SD-DVR120
SD-HBH
HDVR2
HAH-SA
HBH-SA
HTL-HD

RCA/THOMPSON
DWD490RE (UltimateTV)
DWD495RG (UltimateTV)
DVR39
DVR40
DVR80
DVR120
DRD435RH
DRD455RH
DRD486RH

PHILIPS
DSR7000/17
DSR704
DSR708
DSX5500
DSX5540

Samsung Sony DIRECTV
SIR-S4040R
SIR-S4080R
SIR-S4120R

SONY
SAT-T60
SAT-W60 (UltimateTV)
SAT-HD300

DIRECTV
HR10-250 (HD-DVR)
D10

LG
LSS-3200A

Hi Nina,
On That 36" Oval Dish There Are 2 Cameras.One Standard Camera Is For Sat 101.And Second One,The Big One Is Used For 95.But Signal For 95 Is Real Hard To Catch.If You Get Lucky To Catch That Signal,Let Me Know..Cus I'm Trying Since Last Week With NO luck.If You Have Anothar Trick Or Tips,Let Me know About It.Or You Can Call Me.580-275-9090 I'm In Oklahoma.I Might Speak Your Launguage ( Gujarati)

Actually we just started using a new smaller International/English 95/101 DIRECTV dish that is less than 32" in diameter. It has the same gain as the electronics are more efficient. We like using the new dish as it has less wind load and the smaller footprint is more acceptable to the subscriber.

We are one of DIRECTV's largest WorldDirect dealers and sell a high volume of HindiDirect in the US. You can link directly to our South Asian page form our home page for more information.

-Robert

NCSatMan said:
Here is a list of compatible receivers. And yes, English language programming is on 101.

Hughes Network Systems
HDVR2
SD-DVR40
SD-DVR80
SD-DVR120
SD-HBH
HDVR2
HAH-SA
HBH-SA
HTL-HD

RCA/THOMPSON
DWD490RE (UltimateTV)
DWD495RG (UltimateTV)
DVR39
DVR40
DVR80
DVR120
DRD435RH
DRD455RH
DRD486RH

PHILIPS
DSR7000/17
DSR704
DSR708
DSX5500
DSX5540

Samsung Sony DIRECTV
SIR-S4040R
SIR-S4080R
SIR-S4120R

SONY
SAT-T60
SAT-W60 (UltimateTV)
SAT-HD300

DIRECTV
HR10-250 (HD-DVR)
D10

LG
LSS-3200A

You forgot a few, and it's a few on that list I know don't work.

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
Actually we just started using a new smaller International/English 95/101 DIRECTV dish that is less than 32" in diameter. It has the same gain as the electronics are more efficient. We like using the new dish as it has less wind load and the smaller footprint is more acceptable to the subscriber.

-Robert

I love using that smaller dish. I been using it since Jan. I find the 96w with out a meter using it.

grydlok said:
I love using that smaller dish. I been using it since Jan. I find the 96w with out a meter using it.

What is the size of the dish and does it point to 95and 101. Have you seen it anywhere on the web. A link will be appreciated. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)