Hipasat How to get the motor to move

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ElroyJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 7, 2003
St. Louis, MO
I am trying to aim the dish at Hipasat to see if I can get anything. I doubt I will cause there are trees but I thought I would try.

I have a DG240 motor is it possible to move the motor that far? When I select Hipasat it does not show moving to position. I am trying USALS. Is that what is not letting it move? Is it ok to try Diseq even though every other sattelite is set at USALS and will that allow it to move.

At St. Louis your Long is 90.3W. So, the motor should turn to Hispasat (30W) easily.
  • Try removing any limits you may have set in DiSEqC 1.2 menu.
  • Use USALS.
  • Make sure Hispasat Longitude is set correctly in your receiver.

I have the SG2100 motor, and am in Iowa (same ts as you). Anyway, I had to use USALS to move it to 43w (if I remember right) then I went to Diseqc 1.2 and manually moved the motor to 30w. I then saved it in the receiver and that was that :) Good luck!

Yep... Here, near Columbia, I can get Hispasat fine... St. Louis is further east, so you should be able to get it too... just usals out as far east as possible, save that spot, then swap over to 1.2 and slowly keep cranking it over a few degrees... I think I got my pansat to get to about 33 degrees west before I had to switch to 1.2... so only had to use 1.2 for the extra 3 degrees.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts