Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi guys

i just want to knowif i can get this channles from uruguay (this channels are mpeg-4) not lock but if someone can get them with a mpeg box and what brand you are using.
satellite Hispasat 30w-- tp 11909V 7200.

thanks 4 ur help. manny

Map shows it should be hot in Uruguary.....
hispasat.com/media//FlotaSatelites/Global1D_2.jpg

Are you using a DVB-S2 Receiver?

Hi lak7

i don't know what kind of receiver i can use it, but before buy a mpeg-4 receiver i just want to know if signal is fine.

thank u

Hi guys

i just want to knowif i can get this channles from uruguay (this channels are mpeg-4) not lock but if someone can get them with a mpeg box and what brand you are using.

thanks 4 ur help. manny

Hi lak7

i don't know what kind of receiver i can use it, but before buy a mpeg-4 receiver i just want to know if signal is fine.

thank u

Manny,

I am located near Omaha, NE. I am using an AZBox Premium (among others - but primarily the AZ). The dish and LNBF that I was using to take these readings were a GeoSAT Pro 1.2M with an Invacom QPH-031 LNBF (57%) or a LKU1-2A Universal LNBF (63%).

I can detect TP 11909 V SR 7200 at 57-63% Quality on the AZBox. This is a really decent quality level for the AZBox considering I judge the threshold near 32%.

I am able to scan in the following channels from this TP: Canal 4, Canal 5, Canal 12, RUT, TVCiudad, Eventos, Eventos2, Evontos3, and three radio channels.

Your location is going to have a great deal to do with your reception of this satellite (and TP). If I knew where you were located, I could tell you more quickly if it is worth your while for this specific sat. I will just attach an EIRP map here for you to judge for yourself.

RADAR

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_09 Mar. 18 05.47.gif
    ScreenHunter_09 Mar. 18 05.47.gif
    109.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Question!I checked to see if i could get the above Tp with no luck.Should i be able to get it with the sathawk? i do have other tps on 30w that i get strong.

I can get the uruguayan mux here in Michigan

Hi guys

thanks 4 ur help. manny

Hi Manny.
I have an azbox elite and I can get all the mux from Uruguay up here, I guess it all depends where you're located and what size dish you have, 10 ft. will do the job for you.
Good luck.

Granadaguy.

I get that mux in Toronto. I have tried a 24" dish and the signal is marginal. With my motorized 1.2 Mt I get it even with heavy rain. I would think that a 90 cms/36" would be just enough.

Hi guys

thanks 4 ur help. manny

Your location is going to have a great deal to do with your reception of this satellite (and TP). If I knew where you were located, I could tell you more quickly if it is worth your while for this specific sat. I will just attach an EIRP map here for you to judge for yourself.

RADAR
He's on the east coast...near NY/NJ area IIRC

He's on the east coast...near NY/NJ area IIRC

Thank you Ice.... I attached a more "appropriate" EIRP map for this sat regarding the NY, NJ and upper east coast area. It is easy to see that there is quite a difference in the "estimated" signal power there vs where I am. I consider myself lucky to be located where I am in relation to the reception of this sat.

Manny, I would opt for a 1.2 M dish where you are located in order to obtain the best reception from this sat (in most weather conditions). You may already be able to pick up the SD channels from Hispasat with the dish you currently have, but this is simply a recommendation for best results from the "SatBeams" site.

I take the "recommendations" from any site with a vague sense of accuracy. They never seem to specify whether they mean that the dish size is recommended for the worse case scenario (bad weather) or if they mean the smallest recommended dish size during clear weather and best conditions overall.

Your initial question has a double edge sword in regards to the fact that you need a good reception strength to begin with. If you can get the Cubavision TP (11.884 V) with really good strength, then you should be able to pick up the 11.909 TP, too and utilize it with the proper receiver. Then the other edge of the sword is obviously the receiver model and type.

My personal judgment is that if you can already receive the Cubavision TP with high or excellent strength and (more importantly) high quality, then you should be OK with a receiver that can handle the DVB-S2 signal from the 11.909 TP.

Currently, my Q level on 11.884 is 72% and the Q level on 11.909 is 58%, so there is a notable difference between these two TPs, at least from my reference location. I cannot say that my results will apply to your location in the same manner. I can only assume that your 11.909 TP will display weaker. Someone from the NE US needs to confirm their results and differences between the various TPs on this sat first. Being so far away from your location, and in a very different EIRP zone it is hard for me to say.

RADAR

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_12 Mar. 18 05.49.gif
    ScreenHunter_12 Mar. 18 05.49.gif
    115.5 KB · Views: 119
hmmm!If hes in the ny/nj area and im here in Ct I wonder if there is a connection why we both cant get tp 11909V 7200

StanleyJohn,

There could be a relation between your two's results, but I don't know the answer and can't compare my stuff with yours to tell you exactly. Different equipment, way different location!

I guess I have a hard time explaning whether it is a signal strength (quality) issue or a signal compatibility issue with the receiver. It has to be one or both or else it is purely an alignment problem (can't rule that out).

I can't discern anything precisely just yet. Need more info.

RADAR

StanleyJohn,

There could be a relation between your two's results, but I don't know the answer and can't compare my stuff with yours to tell you exactly. Different equipment, way different location!

I guess I have a hard time explaning whether it is a signal strength (quality) issue or a signal compatibility issue with the receiver. It has to be one or both or else it is purely an alignment problem (can't rule that out).

I can't discern anything precisely just yet. Need more info.

RADAR

im getting a Q of 70% on cubavision with my solomend pvr 800 and .9 meter dish.maybe some kind of blind spot here in the NE.Maybe someone else living in our area will chime in with positive results on 11909.

Ocean County, NJ

Hi Guys,
I would like to weigh in on receiving Hispasat 1C/1D – 30º west here in Ocean County, NJ. I am about 30 north of Atlantic City and receive 5 transponders and over 40 stations with decent quality on a 500 Dish (23”x20”) and a Fortec Dynamic receiver. I was looking at it last week.

If I get a little time this week I will set up my Diamond 9K and 1 meter motorized dish to see if I can get those mpeg-4 stations.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1905175-post7.html
Mike Lib

Hi Guys,
I would like to weigh in on receiving Hispasat 1C/1D – 30º west here in Ocean County, NJ. I am about 30 north of Atlantic City and receive 5 transponders and over 40 stations with decent quality on a 500 Dish (23”x20”) and a Fortec Dynamic receiver. I was looking at it last week.

If I get a little time this week I will set up my Diamond 9K and 1 meter motorized dish to see if I can get those mpeg-4 stations.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1905175-post7.html
Mike Lib

Mike,

Your results are a very good testament for and regarding the reception of Hispasat in your region. Being able to acquire at least five TPs with a D500 size dish is good news for others around that region of the country (NE US).

I must admit that I don't watch much of anything from this satellite EXCEPT the CubaVision Nacional channel (not to confuse it with the Cubavision International feed). I am very excited about this channel as well as being quite suprised with it. They seem to offer a lot of cool movies (in English) with no commercials! Many of the movies are not very old and some of them are really quite good. I mean to say that I very frequently dial this channel in and find myself engrossed in a movie to the point that I don't want to tune away from it!

For a FTA movie experience, this is really great! As long as you don't mind the Spanish subtitles embedded in the video. I am quite suprised that they retain the English (or original language of the flick - whatever that may be - English, Japanese, French, etc) and put up the the subtitles in Spanish. I would have expected something of the reverse, but hey... It suits me fine! Maybe I can learn a little Espanol by watching!

Please pardon me for going off on a sidebar note, but I am still talking about the same satellite, so I am trying to keep my comments in line with that part of the discussion.

RADAR

Radar , you and of course noone else should not be quite surprised for the spanish subtitles on Cuban TV since Cuba enjoys one of the highest literacy rates in the world therefore unlike most countries , including Spain BTW, they can afford to subtitle the movies and keep the original audio for the listener pleasure.

Unlike countries like Canada , and I am affraid USA suffers from the same, every student in Cuba from elementary school all the way to Grade 12 , have not only to study another language, English in this case (good thing the Castro goverment never decided to replace english with russian , lol) but also have to fully study Spanish, every year. Too bad in my opinion though, Spanish grammar errors are not fully and equally enforced on other classes tests although some schoold and some teachers/professors do it as they consider it necessary. It is up to the teacher I think or at least it was. I mean, even on a Chemistry, Anatomy or Math test, grammar errors should be penalized and grades reduced. In Cuba , 69 out of 100 and you fail the test , on some advanced schools like mine , 85 out of 100 and you are expelled from that school but that one was 1 of the few scholarships schools intended for highly advanced or intelligent students. After being expelled you have to obviously joined any of the rest of the schools in your comunity and since you were over 69 you do not fail the school year.

Despite all this years of Spanish education (mostly grammar but they also teach proper pronunciation) that every cuban student (and since it is mandatory and yes I like that un-freedom I could say every cuban) enjoys for over 12 years it is unbeleivable to read and listen the "disparates" (colosal errors) that even some cuban professionals that hold a degree throw at you from time to time. It goes to show you that proper Spanish should be enforced on every class of every subject but heck nowadays "teachers" quality if you can call them that are just a tiny fraction of the ones that my 70/80/ generation enjoyed.

Like Radar pardon me for going off topic too.

oh I forgot the most important. I get the Uruguayan mux with 99Q on the CS 8100 with an 80cm Ariza fixed dish. same Q as the cuban , spanish, arabic and Overon strong muxes. I beleive Pilot is off.

30 West

It was too windy today to take out the 90 cm dish today so I retuned up the 500 dish and locked in the Cuban stations around 44 SQ. I hooked up the Birdog meter and checked the signal and used the spectrum analyzer, the Uruguayan mux transponder is slightly stronger, but the signal was very narrow compared to the Cuban transponder.

I am getting to think that my Diamond 9K is the problem; I am going to have to get a new DVB-S2 receiver.
Mike Lib

talking about new movies on cubavision . the last one from Mel Gibson , Jan 29 2010 release, Edge of Darkness just started on Cubavision tonight. enjoy it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)