History 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I see the middle to old age white Americans are rampant In this thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well who else is going to be here? Surely not the young, broke, me me me millenials that don't watch or pay for traditional tv, that this channel is supposedly aimed for.

Funny everyone in this thread hates the rebranded channel/programming but have no made no derogatory comments, yet the one person that apparently likes it, is the first one to make an insulting and racist comment

This channel should never have been rebranded and the programming as mediocre as it is, should have been nothing more than a weekly programming block on A&E.

Well who else is going to be here? Surely not the young, broke, me me me millenials that don't watch or pay for traditional tv, that this channel is supposedly aimed for.

Funny everyone in this thread hates the rebranded channel/programming but have no made no derogatory comments, yet the one person that apparently likes it, is the first one to make an insulting and racist comment

This channel should never have been rebranded and the programming as mediocre as it is, should have been nothing more than a weekly programming block on A&E.

>"have no made no derogatory comments"
>"young, broke, me me me millenials"

>"have no made no derogatory comments"
>"young, broke, me me me millenials"

I didn't start it, just answered with the same type of comment. You don't like it move along, no need to quote me if you've got nothing to say. Why I don't post much anymore, hardly any helpful comments in threads, they just become useless like an episode of real housewives.

I see the middle to old age white Americans are rampant In this thread...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's racist and age discriminatory.

Naw, it can't be- He is the only "correct thinking" person here. By definition, he can point out the failings of others, for our own good. Because he, of course, knows best.

Old white guys are in open season, as they of course have only succeeded over the backs of others, and are deserving of any abuse. They have never done anything good or productive.

Something about a mote in an eye comes to mind.

What ever you do NEVER tune to this channel. Dish gathers channel usage stats, the stats will show no one ever watches it and they will someday replace it with something people will watch. Sat Bandwidth is valuable.

been there 10 times today just for fun! :D

Okay boys and girls, talk about the subject, not each other.

Last edited:
I am a free thinking righty... And don't consider this channel political at all. It has a target audience, and it suits me.

That's racist and age discriminatory.
No, remember, it is alright to make any derogatory remark at all about white males or WASP's (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) as I call myself. If it were ANYTHING derogatory about ANY other race or sex, then it would be "racist" those are the rules you know.

Most people here don't care about the station , they are complaining about the loss of H2, which was once a really great channel but A & E let it wither and die. Same thing with the History channel which is mainly "reality" now and its ratings are way down. There may be some good movies on Viceland but their daily programming is a lot of bull-c--p, unless you are a druggie or other "outsider".

I just hate to see the bandwidth wasted. My opinion, yes. But I can't help but think there is a much wider audience, and more bang for the buck, with something like the Military History Channel.

BTW, the show on pot helping vets with PTSD was reasonably well done. I might watch another show. But I sure would prefer the MHC.

Reactions: osu1991 and bobvick
Most people here don't care about the station , they are complaining about the loss of H2, which was once a really great channel but A & E let it wither and die. Same thing with the History channel which is mainly "reality" now and its ratings are way down. There may be some good movies on Viceland but their daily programming is a lot of bull-c--p, unless you are a druggie or other "outsider".
I am neither druggie,nor very "other" and I like that channel.

Reactions: Slamminc11
Naw, it can't be- He is the only "correct thinking" person here. By definition, he can point out the failings of others, for our own good. Because he, of course, knows best.

Old white guys are in open season, as they of course have only succeeded over the backs of others, and are deserving of any abuse. They have never done anything good or productive.

Something about a mote in an eye comes to mind.
I dont think its about correct thinking. Its more about being open minded vs closed minded

Reactions: TheKrell

I refer you to post #30 and #33

I think that there is a consensus here that some people are going to watch viceland and some are not. Where i think most of us agree is that dish needs to add military history. Should have been added a long time ago

Reactions: navychop
What ever you do NEVER tune to this channel. Dish gathers channel usage stats, the stats will show no one ever watches it and they will someday replace it with something people will watch. Sat Bandwidth is valuable.

I agree with the premise, and it sounds all well and good...until the next retrans contracts roll around for negotiation, and the provider then requires Dish carry this channel in order to carry the other high-rated channels that the majority of viewers actually want...at which point usage stats likely go out the window. Sad, but probably true.

Reactions: navychop
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)