History and Bio on 101? where did they go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've got a friend who's dad is a lawyer and is in one of those commercials. He hates every time it comes on just as much as anyone else.

No commercials would be AWESOME, but we would have to say goodbye to free tv and higher prices for pay TV. No commercials on your regular HBO, Showtime, etc movie channels and they are a lot more expensive than channels with commercials. Think if ALL pay channels were that much. eek!

I also can't stand all the commercials about sending your unwanted gold in for cash. And pretty much anything else.

I mean really, it's sooooo annoying, so sickening to be hammered endlessly by vultures trying to separate me from my hard earned money.

Seriously, I would be more than willing to have it like in the UK where you pay for a tv license and then get to enjoy commercial free tv.

My daughter lived in London for a few years and they had to buy a tv license.
The tv police drive around with tv detector vans and if they catch you watching tv without a license you get in trouble. They are very strict on it. That's what pays for commercial free tv in the uk. And in my opinion it's not such a bad deal.

Paying for tv in the US is no bargain because they over charge you for crummy channels that are mostly commercialized. 18 minutes of each hour are commercials, usually annoying and many of them are even offensive.
In particular I find the commercials for "male enhancement" products to be beyond disgusting. And the "Girls gone wild" commercials are extra vulgar and disgusting.

If commercials went away tomorrow I would not at all feel like I was missing anything.

What about the Super Bowl commercials? Some years that's the most entertaining part.

I dont have that much issue with commercials, it's the natural order of free tv, but the overselling is a bit ridiculous. Nothing a PVR running in time-shifte mode cant minimize or cure altogether. The overlays well into the scheduled programming, that's another thing altogether.

Some consume 1/3 of the screen, and block the programs on screen text like time, date, location,etc of the event in the movie etc, or wipes out the sub titles (happened on a recent airing of The Last Samurai)

It is one thing to notify of up and comming features that might interest the current viewer, but the graphics has gotton out of hand. That goes for some of the Logos/Avatars as well.

Sadly we wont see any "popup blocker" patches to solve the anoyance. If that garbage is so great why did browseras start offering a means to filter it when on the 'net?

Hey..... that's new......I see we now have a thread viewers box at the botom of the threads. Looks like we have a vBulletin software upgrade. Cool. What else is new in it Tony?

What about the Super Bowl commercials? Some years that's the most entertaining part.

There is no amount of money in this universe or any of the 10 other universes combined that you could pay me to watch football, basketball, baseball, soccer or any of the other endless multitudes of "sports".

No thank you, not ever. Not yesterday, not today, not tomorrow.
Not in my house. :rant:

No wonder you hate commercials so much, you avoid the programming that has the best ones out there....
it's all tv....or should that be it's just tv.....lol

No wonder you hate commercials so much, you avoid the programming that has the best ones out there....
it's all tv....or should that be it's just tv.....lol

One of the big points that my new bf and me have to work out is his passion for sports. I told him that if he wants to watch that bs he's going to have to plan on me not being around while he does. And I will not go with him to ball games, ever. The Green Bay Packers stadium is just a few minutes drive from the house and he goes to all the games. He'll just have to go to the stupid ball games with his guy friends because I most certainly will not. I also hate how he plays some sports talk radio program at full volume every morning while he takes a shower. OMG.....

We still have some things to work out first... :rolleyes:

Sports? :down Not in my presence..

I hope for your sake he doesn't get into satellites, a lot of guys do it just for sports feeds. In fact, with piracy down at the moment, it's probably the only thing keeping the HD receiver market alive.

I hope for your sake he doesn't get into satellites, a lot of guys do it just for sports feeds. In fact, with piracy down at the moment, it's probably the only thing keeping the HD receiver market alive.

He doesn't. He doesn't watch TV except for ball games but usually he just drives to the stadium as it's less than 10 minutes from the house.
I asked him about putting satellite at the house and he said no. Besides, the house is buried in trees. No way satellite will work there.
So I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway.. I'm so way off topic it's incredible. :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)