History and Bio on 101? where did they go?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I do not see the history and biography on 101 any more. Any else have them? If you still have them mind listing the tp freq and sn

I was getting it on 12058 but today that tp is dead for me. I get GMT but not the other. I did a blind scan but not there for me. thanks ice.

Dont know what it was but its back now. I had just moved the dishes down the hill to new location and those 2 would not come in. but ok now. thanks

they are.

wish fnc was still there. my dish will be going back up soon. i am looking to get 101 & 105 on a geosatpro 36".

OMG.. They are playing some nonsense on History channel about "aliens"..

Oh please.. They have totally discredited themselves now.
I have just lost any respect I had for them. :(

BUT, it's coming in really, really good, even in the rain. :rolleyes:

Not too much history on the History channel. Maybe they should change their name from "History" to "Wild Speculation".

LOL!! How about wild, drug induced speculation.
Someone at the history channel is smoking mushrooms or something.

I do have to say though, their series "The Universe" is really neat. I don't know how accurate it is but they sure put lots of pretty pictures and videos on during those shows. :)

I've always thought the History International channel was a cut above the others. History has gotten "Spike-afied" in recent time with all their popup graphics and garbage, "USA-a-fied" with their unreasonable content to commercial ratio, and "SyFY'd" with a growing portion of their nonsensical programming. Sometimes I wonder if there is one program director for all these channel wearing many hats.
Then again, maybe it's outsourced to India or somewhere.....lol
I'm thinking about adding the Discovery suite to my 4D sub. After watching it open on W5 for a few days, I have realized I really miss their programming.

History Channel ?

I agree, the name "History" is very misleading
They showed today 2 hours of snow/ice truck driving in alaska
Well, at least it made me feel cool in this hot summer weather

yes and now they are about to start some new stupid program about pawn shops.
Please............. !sadroll

Those stupid animations they put on the bottom of the screen are so annoying I could scream. I really can not stand that nonsense.

But, one good thing about the channels on 101, they aren't running all those scummy lawyer commercials for "have you died or do you know someone who died from soggy cornflakes? Call 1-800-scumbag..."

I wish they would ban those commercials. Actually, I wish they would ban all commercials. ALL commercials.

Yes overlay graphics, all the "cable tier" channels are getting ridiculous about it, even FOX has climbed on that "annoy the crap out of the viewer" bandwagon. Spike or TNT or one of those type channels are the worst, but History's Ice Road Trucker and Pawn Stars mega overlays are right there close. I cant believe they dont know it actually infuriates the viewer.
I quit watching FOX 'cause I got sick of seeing Hank Hill drive his mower back and forth across the screen for 10 seconds after every commercial break while the scheduled show was on.
Well, you can bite the hand that pays the bills, but the overselling is to an exrtreme. USA comes to mind, where they can take a 90 minute move, edit it to 75 minutes, and run it in a 3 hour slot (not 2 hours 8-10 primetime like the big 3 networks do (did?)) Three hours that's 180 minutes of run time for 75 minutes of programming to 105 minutes of commercials. Oversold?....just a bit.
I did see a Billy Mays commercial recently I hadnt seen before, the one on the hands free cell phone setup for the car. He did an older one a few years ago on such a product, but I think this is a newer product. I've seen it run a couple of times since his death.
The one that makes me laugh is that Binder&Binder one where Charles? Binder is wearing the cowboy hat....... I cant beleive he expect's anyone to take him seriously with that "look"......nuff said.....lol

The one that makes me laugh is that Binder&Binder one where Charles? Binder is wearing the cowboy hat....... I cant beleive he expect's anyone to take him seriously with that "look"...........lol

you have enough to worry about, he'll deal with the IRS... :eek:

hahahahhaahahahahhahahaaa

But, one good thing about the channels on 101, they aren't running all those scummy lawyer commercials for "have you died or do you know someone who died from soggy cornflakes? Call 1-800-scumbag..."

I wish they would ban those commercials. Actually, I wish they would ban all commercials. ALL commercials.

I've got a friend who's dad is a lawyer and is in one of those commercials. He hates every time it comes on just as much as anyone else.

No commercials would be AWESOME, but we would have to say goodbye to free tv and higher prices for pay TV. No commercials on your regular HBO, Showtime, etc movie channels and they are a lot more expensive than channels with commercials. Think if ALL pay channels were that much. eek!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts