Looking for AMC4 in Fort McMurray, AB, Canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cerati

Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Alberta
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to hit AMC4 in Fort McMurray, AB. (It is shown as one of the satellites that can be reach in this place) This town is located at the very north of Alberta and I've been only got bev sat.

I have a 35" dish, invacom quad polar legacy lnb and sonicview premier 360 box. I've used the set up from the sonicview (lnb: Linear, single, freq 10750) with not success. Is there any additional or different parameter that I have to change or looking for?

I'm almost frustrated as the only sat's that I found is the bev's with my lnb connected on C (Circular) but in linear nothing.

Thanks

Which Transponder are you using while searching? Try 12120 V 30000.
Are you using a switch to go from Circular to Linear, or are you connecting directly to the "L" port on the LNB?
Are you using a Motor?

Seems like for being that far on the fringe of the footprint that a bigger dish might be needed. You might try to keep the feed length to a minimum while searching to avoid signal loss, and also not use switches. Then if you find it try going back to normal configuration.

amc4

This satellite fades in the evenings (7-9pm) for me here in Sechelt. B c Then gets stronger again latter in the evening. (11-12 pm) I am using a old 30’’ starchoice dish with the standard lnbf that came with this dish. Maybe try in the morning also a bigger dish. Have a look at the map at lyngsat.

had same problem in northern Manitoba(fringe of the footprint also ) using a 30in dish ,so got 4ft and now no signal loss in the evening.
also i had hell of a time locking satellite with a friends sonicview so a just used my trusty coolsat 5000 and bingo found AMC4 in no time.
one last thing remember to turn your lnb clockwise little at a time when moving your dish.
correct me if i'm wrong guys

Last edited:
I have a direct conection to the "L" on the LNB with no motor.

I searched with that transponder and I only got three channels -blind scan- but not sure if they are from AMC4. They are ETN and FTN both scrambled.

Which Transponder are you using while searching? Try 12120 V 30000.
Are you using a switch to go from Circular to Linear, or are you connecting directly to the "L" port on the LNB?
Are you using a Motor?

Which other satellites do you get over there? Maybe I can search for another one with better footprint.

had same problem in northern Manitoba(fringe of the footprint also ) using a 30in dish ,so got 4ft and now no signal loss in the evening.
also i had hell of a time locking satellite with a friends sonicview so a just used my trusty coolsat 5000 and bingo found AMC4 in no time.
one last thing remember to turn your lnb clockwise little at a time when moving your dish.
correct me if i'm wrong guys

I have a direct conection to the "L" on the LNB with no motor.

I searched with that transponder and I only got three channels -blind scan- but not sure if they are from AMC4. They are ETN and FTN both scrambled.

those are AnikF1 (107.3W) so you're close

Now I pointed Galaxy 3C and got some channels. All of them say Galaxy xx and are Nagravision and Q is weak. From Lyngsat I read that there are some FTA but i didn't get them with the blind scan. Is it a dish posidion matter?

amc4

Amc3 has dvb-s2-8psk type encryption . A deferent type of encryption code. Were Amc 4 has dvb encryption . .
Amc4 is week for me and I am a 1000 miles south of you. I think you need a bigger dish.
I just bought a bigger dish for a sat I was having trouble getting and now I am getting it.
[FONT=&quot]Hope this helps.[/FONT]

Now I pointed Galaxy 3C and got some channels. All of them say Galaxy xx and are Nagravision and Q is weak. From Lyngsat I read that there are some FTA but i didn't get them with the blind scan. Is it a dish posidion matter?

can you manually enter the info for CCTV?
thelist has the transponder info

If you are locking on 95W then you're getting close :)

Is there a specific channel you are looking for on 101 or is it all of them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)