History and Bio US

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They're dropping like flies. Safe TV, History, Biography, FTV is leaving, Equity will soon be gone.

Will there be anything left????

Last edited:
are they realy gone?

are they really gone? I have had them go away to either come back or change stuff. So you run another blind scan. But who knows. Maybe they are gone for good.

TTFN,

Josh

I love how people complain when something leaves

ITS FREE people and remember, in most cases we are not their intended audience. So if something leaves, something else usually pops up :)

The channels LoTech posted we were given advanced warning of. SafeTV we were warned was going to leave, FTV shows it on their site and Equity has hinted for 3 years now of leaving

They're dropping like flies. Safe TV, History, Biography, FTV is leaving, Equity will soon be gone.

Will there be anything left????

Dude, I know it's monday morning, but why not try to look at it on the bright side?

Attachments

• 409px-Glass-of-water.jpg
    409px-Glass-of-water.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 100
Things come and go, the trick is not to get hooked on them. The only way to guarantee something is to pay a sub for it if it's a pay channel.

Glass must be overflowing. When I checked about an hour ago, I was seeing those channels FTA? Can't see them now, because I decided to try bending my LNBF arm, and I'm WAY out of alignment right now. But I was seeing those channels a while ago .

EDIT: Bent my lnbf arm into shape (I post pictures later). ? Seemed to have worked. Yep, those channels seem to be FTA for me.

Last edited:
Dude, I know it's monday morning, but why not try to look at it on the bright side?
From a purely engineering perspective, whether the glass is half full or half empty is irrelevant. It is however 100% larger than necessary to perform the task of containing the water. Yes, I count 0,1,2,3........lol
Everything Ice said is on the nose, and we have such a range of stuff available, it is easy to get 'possessive' of our free tv. We are by definition scavengers, and have been feeding pretty well until recently. If one feels the need to get more, or completely reliable a/v content than what is available OTA, or streamed free, then a subscription to something is the answer.
It is unfortunate that FTA TVRO stations in the Americas are not as highly regarded as in Europe. I put that squarely on the pizza pan and cable industries' monopoly and control of the market, and the inept action of the government to not just allow it, but allow it to prosper.
Until that hold is broken the prevailing attitude toward FTA stateside will be just as it is, not for us, and we are such a minority compared to the other venues viewers, that will likely never improve. If you plan to hold your breath until it does,I hope you are fond of the color blue.

ITS FREE people and remember, in most cases we are not their intended audience. So if something leaves, something else usually pops up :)

The channels LoTech posted we were given advanced warning of. SafeTV we were warned was going to leave, FTV shows it on their site and Equity has hinted for 3 years now of leaving
maby i guess im and a few others are hitting the panic button to quick,lol. :eek:

One way of looking at it is that we view only because the door isn't locked, hackers go one step farther and pick the lock. Bottom line we are all uninvited on some channels.

Well said my man. So...you loose a few channels, big deal, you suck it up and move on to something else. ;)

REDLINE
I don't follow why you train drivers only consider the water volume to be the boundary. The specification is for the glass container.

Really, I'm surprised that those channels have been around to begin with.

My metaphor is: You are watching TV through the neighbor's window and they shut the curtains from time to time.

exactly. I've seen a few muxes come and go. When they show up, its like christmas and when they leave some folks get all huffy. But then they come back and its back to x-mas again. They may go temporarily in the clear for a technical reason such as the station is normally used for local cable headends and one has an issue in a remote place or some may be for other reasons.

I can think of a 1/2 dozen examples where chanenls that are normally scrambled go ITC for a day, week, or 6 months. I use the theory enjoy them while they are there.

As folks have said, don't get too attached to some of the channels. And Jim said it the best, ya suck it up and move on. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)