History Channel HD on Comcast On Demand

Marcus Carr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Baltimore City, MD
Available in Baltimore under HD On Demand/News & World. HD On Demand content from a channel has sometimes preceded the addition of that channel (National Geographic, for example)...

Available in Baltimore under HD On Demand/News & World. HD On Demand content from a channel has sometimes preceded the addition of that channel (National Geographic, for example)...

All I can say is that I can't give specific channels as none of the contracts are "quite" done yet. But I can say that a great number of Comcast customers very close to years end will be very very happy with their HD selection choices both On Demand HD choices and linear 24x7 HD choices. Many many markets will soon get notices of a few analog channels moving to digital. Also once many of these HD channels are added many Series 3 HD Tivo users are going to be ticked off though.

My posts in the DirecTV forum about the upfront cost of HD DVRs coupled with the fact I don't want to beat myself up if Comcast adds tons of HD channels in six months isn't just for the heck of it. Now some Comcast markets will be late on those additions but nearly all major markets will see a very nice HD lineup later this year. New England will sure be the happiest as they will see these HD channels the earliest.

Yea I am in Philly and we got the A&E OnDemand but not the channel yet. I guess that means it's coming soon. I am anxious to get NGHD I know some markets have the channel but we just have the OnDemand right now. :hungry:

We don't have NGEO-HD, AE-HD, Food-HD, or HGTV-HD. Just the ondemand for the first two, and even that it's not that much.

We don't have NGEO-HD, AE-HD, Food-HD, or HGTV-HD. Just the ondemand for the first two, and even that it's not that much.

ditto that in Philly we do have VS/Golf though. Maybe we'll get something new on 7/10. Where do people find out what they're getting and when?

ditto that in Philly we do have VS/Golf though. Maybe we'll get something new on 7/10. Where do people find out what they're getting and when?

Well for my area I think it's a mandate for customers to be notified one DAY before they add or subtract channels. Our state makes Comcast put notices in the main section of the newspapers, and Comcast sends out those messages like always.

I was hopeful for the last few weeks because we've been getting LOTS of messages, but NONE were related to channel changes-just free previews and PPV stuff :mad:

A&E HD and HGTV HD have been added in Baltimore.

210 ABC
211 NBC
212 CBS
213 FOX
214 CW
220 PBS
223 A&E
224 National Geographic
225 Discovery
226 MOJO
227 MHD
228 HBO
229 HGTV
233 Cinemax
238 Showtime
248 Starz
249 TNT
250 Universal
251 CSN
252 ESPN
253 ESPN2
254 Golf/Versus
258 HD-SE (PPV)

Man our lineup sucks:

201-iNH+ (aka SNY during Mets games)
202-ESPN
203-ESPN2.
204-TNT
205-Discovery HD Theater
206-MOJO
207-VS/Golf
208-Universal
209-MHD
210- NJ Overflow (nothing comes here, always black)
212-YES
214-HD SE
215-227 Premium channels scattered
231-ABC
232-NBC
233-CBS
234-FOX
235-CW
240-WNET (PBS NJ)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)