Hitachi 57S700 57" HDTV 1,799.99$

Status
Not open for further replies.

stan

Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I Have had our Hitachi for about 6 days now and so far I really like it. Purchased it from REX Appliances in Fl. It has HDTV built-in, so, you don't need a set top box. All my local stations come in very good, but I plan on getting another antenna, the one I have up is not built for HDTV, But, very happy with set. :) :)

There is no such thing as an antenna built for HD. If the antenna you are now using receives all of your digital locals, stick with it.

stan said:
I Have had our Hitachi for about 6 days now and so far I really like it. Purchased it from REX Appliances in Fl. It has HDTV built-in, so, you don't need a set top box. All my local stations come in very good, but I plan on getting another antenna, the one I have up is not built for HDTV, But, very happy with set. :) :)
No such thing as a "Built for HD antenna" Follow the advice from FAYRICH, If it works dont mess with it.

sounds nice, now you have got to get it some 24/7 HD channels on sat or cable.

Still here!! What I really wanted to relay was, I thought 1799. was a good buy, now, as far as what I have read about antenna's is,a UHF is for mostly HDTV because they do not accept VHF signals , I realize, they make both antennas, and after checking things out, came to the conclusion, that a strictly UHF antenna for HDTV is better than any combination.Do not use a combo antenna of UHF/VHF or a straight VHF antenna, But, I appreciate the input.

Not all digitals are UHF. For example, 2 network stations in Cleveland (NBC & CBS) are VHF. So be sure of your situation before making a change. Just because your analogs are UHF, that does not necessarily mean that the digital side is also UHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.