HITS programming...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OCGW

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
In Oregon's Rogue Valley
So as I recall we use to be able sub to Hits programming.. can we still or is this a pizza pie dish thing now?

Sorry if this is in the wrong area... just need to find a use for the BUD before the wife makes me take it down.

The 410 will only see W5 (105W)
the 922 is a full blown 4DTV and can see all the satellites out there and much more programming

Is the DSR-410 better then the 922?

What is the difference?

The 922 is a great receiver and is much more "flexible" than the 410 in that, like Iceberg said, it can be used to watch much more programming 410, including the generics, also known as "zero key" feeds (once you activate the receiver you can view these). It also does analog, the 410 is digital only, and can only be used to watch the HITS programming on W5 (105W AMC 18). On the other hand, the 410 is much cheaper and readily available...the 922s are more expensive and harder to find since they're not made anymore and virtually worth their weight in gold. IMO, the 410 is an effort by providers such as Skyvision to offer an inexpensive alternative for those who don't want to invest in the 922. It is nice to be able to use a fixed 6ft dish and get a ton of cable programming options, especially for those that don't wanna fool with DirecTV/DISH/local cable provider.

A 410 is really a slimed down 905 with a cable tuner. It can only do one satellite at a time. I will do all the symbol rates a 905 and 922 will do which is a shame because it could get multiple birds if they modified it. It works on the satellite and services its mapped for only. For U.S. users it's setup for the W5 Hits channels using SRL as a provider.

A 922 will do analog and digital and get everything in the sky that we as 4DTV owners can subscribe to. It moves the dish, will run a polorotor and as mentioned do generic satellites also.

It has SPDIF out for digital audio and S video out for digital and analog video.

...., it can be used to watch much more programming 410, including the generics, also known as "zero key" feeds (once you activate the receiver you can view these). .....

I think this description of what generics and "zero key" are is a bit confusing. I think generics refers mainly to some user satellites that have channel parameters that aren't specifically mapped to specific channels, but are just available so that you can tune transponders that aren't mapped. Doesn't really have much to do with whether a channel is zero key or not, it's just a set of channels with generic freq/SR combinations. Zero key, on the other hand refers to whether a channel is encrypted or not. Zero key means that it's not encrypted. Most DCII receivers can tune channels that are zero key. There are other channels that are FP, which is a fixed key that are often receivable by Motorola/GI receivers that have been authorized, but again, nothing to do with generics.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)