Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
We regret to inform you that as of July 31, 2016 we will no longer be able to authorize programming for the big dish platform. Currently everything we can authorize comes from Comcast/HITS. Although meant for cable subscribers the signal was compatible with our customer’s 4DTV receivers and the 410 receivers. Comcast/HITS is moving to a different signal format July 31, 2016. When they do our customer’s receivers will not be able to pick up the new type of signal.

I wish I had better news to report and if anything changes we will keep you updated. Thank you very much for your previous business and support.

Best Regards,

Tim

All HITS did was to prolong the inevitable because the equipment was antiquated and not upgradeable. That and my desire to "cut the cord" were the reasons I didn't go with it when it first became available. It's been really nice NOT having to pay for TV these past few years and I look forward to it being like that for years to come even if FTA goes away as I can get about 26 channels OTA now and a number of those are HD.

One thing that's for sure where FTA is concerned though is CHANGE, and it's not always for the better!

Reactions: bpalone and FTA4PA
I don't know what I'm gonna do with my 4DTV and HDTV units. I don't like using the 4DTV for just a dish mover but I guess I'll keep it around for a backup. The 4DTV HDTV unit will be scrapped though.

I wish the Programming Center and Jeff from Manhattan luck if they could some give us a choice with popular HD channels in the future should their ideas get off the ground.

I've had Dish for several years now after dropping 4DTV and would welcome something that allows me to sub for just the channels I watch for a reasonable price. I'm tired of paying for content I never watch or endless contract disputes with blacked out programming in the meanwhile.

Tried to renew a couple of rcvrs just now, but "Add Services" is missing :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)