hmmm...maybe a motor would be fun :-)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
After finding a few new stations tonight, I have the bug to get a motor. I also was thinking, maybe I would have more fun tinkering with a 90cm dish, mounted to a post that I could have in my yard for easy access, and I could point it to a bird, leave it there for a week or so and "explore" the sat. I am thinking this might be fun, as 1), I could save a few $ on the setup, and then I would not be constantly changing channels. If I had a motor, the way I surf, I would burn it out fast!

Yeah, it's fun for a while. But with the cold in the winter and the mosquitoes the other 11.5 months of the year :D I was tired of that kind of "fun" real fast. The SG2100 allowed me to bring the "fun" inside where the conditioned air is.

:) I hear ya on that! I am afraid that I would never watch anything. Like when I had a shortwave radio.... I aways wanted to scan the band in case I was missing something :)

I hunted so much, I was never on a station more than a few seconds :) Just long enough to ID it and move on. My thought was - I might be missing something :)

Motor is fun! Way funner than going outdoors to manually turn stuff, hoping that you are on the right angle and skew.

Of course the amount of knowledge I gained before getting a motor is priceless, having to adjust everything by hand.

yep...

priceless knowledge. I too had to do stuff by hand a while. Of course, I just did that with an old 18" Directv dish and receiver for only a week or two before I started buying the "good" stuff (fta receiver, 76cm winegard, sg2100, soundon roof mount, switch, etc. ). The real annoyance is when you just start buying the parts, don't have them all yet, and are just sitting there waiting, hoping it all will work, but not being too sure... hoping nonetheless... that your money just spent online isn't all wasted.

A motor is on my list of things to get. I think I am going to setup a second dish for it though (and keep the one on g10r as a stationary dish). Reason? My wife and kid watch g10r (we only have OTA (3 channels) and FTA) and I really dont want to screw that up. I can have the other dish as a "testing/scanning" setup :>

I am giving this wayyyyyyy to much thought :>

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)