Hmmm... Super Powers

Yep. If it was new hardware, I'd think something would have leaked by now.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The secret is, there is no secret. ;)

But if I was to guess: they'll have a true HD display using the guize of pseudo 4k and call it Super-HD.

Another disappointing year for CES perhaps? I hope the change in Hopper will be something great and not something mediocre.

Not long now, Dish has their news conference 11am PT Monday morning... I bet Scott will have it scoped out in advance...

MAYBE they'll introduce support for BT keyboards/pointing devices!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'd like that a lot.... I just, the other day, found an app for my iPad that gives me a remote to my Roku and allows you to use the keyboard while searching. The app was free. What a deal!

Does anyone remember the Team Summit thread where we talked about Smart TVs being able to watch TV without having a Joey there? I saw this at Team Summit last year and it was pretty sweet. They showed an LG TV but it can work with any Smart TV since all it uses is an app. It's like a Joey app in the TV and accesses a tuner from the Hopper the same way.

One other feature they showed was the 1.5x speed option. It sounds dumb but when I saw the feature working I thought it was pretty cool. It just allows you to watch a program faster without really noticing that it is faster.

One other feature they showed was the 1.5x speed option. It sounds dumb but when I saw the feature working I thought it was pretty cool. It just allows you to watch a program faster without really noticing that it is faster.

Just watch Seinfeld on TBS to see sped-up programing. It's not that noticeable unless you watch and pay attention to things like arm/hand gestures and head bobbing. Then once you are aware, at least for me, it is painful to watch. But having the choice, if say the wife wants to burnt through multiple "Housewives" episodes and lessen my pain by hearing that, is cool.

Just watch Seinfeld on TBS to see sped-up programing. It's not that noticeable unless you watch and pay attention to things like arm/hand gestures and head bobbing. Then once you are aware, at least for me, it is painful to watch. But having the choice, if say the wife wants to burnt through multiple "Housewives" episodes and lessen my pain by hearing that, is cool.

I wouldn't watch everything that way but it's a cool option that some may use. It's obviously not a make or break feature though.

Does anyone remember the Team Summit thread where we talked about Smart TVs being able to watch TV without having a Joey there? I saw this at Team Summit last year and it was pretty sweet. They showed an LG TV but it can work with any Smart TV since all it uses is an app. It's like a Joey app in the TV and accesses a tuner from the Hopper the same way.

I'd call that a "killer app" if it doesn't incur another $7 charge. Wish they would make an app for my nearly useless, old/obsolete, abandoned and forlorn GoogleTV!

I wouldn't watch everything that way but it's a cool option that some may use. It's obviously not a make or break feature though.

It's a nice feature to have as an option. I used to have a DVD player that had a 1.2x playback option, but I never used it. As far as TBS using increased playback speed on Seinfeld episodes, that's another topic involving no choice and changing original content for greedy commercial purposes. Booo!

Why does this 1.5x speed feature remind me of the Evelyn Wood speed reading course commercials from years past? Speed watching instead of Speed reading .

Perhaps Dish could come out with a similar product to Chromecast where it does Joey functionality with adapters to fit on the older televisions as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)