Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Found something out tonight...the hard way

so Yogi is here (yes the weather channel names winter storms) and right now I lost **almost** all programming. All HD is gone. HD locals are still up. But here is the weird thing. I still have signal on some 101 TP's and they're not spotbeams

TP 6, 8, 14, 16, 22, 24, 30 & 32 are still holding at 60ish on the meter....all of those TP's are on Directv 9 satellite (whats even weirder is 2 & 10 are also on D9 yet show 0)

Interesting that D8 (the other conus slot at 101) is gone yet D9 holds on right now. D9 is only a year newer (2005 vs 2006)

Hope this crap gets done so I have signal back. I went out and looked at the dish on the roof and we have heaters on them so no snow yet pretty much everything is gone. The snow is heavy wet stuff.

Found something out tonight...the hard way

so Yogi is here (yes the weather channel names winter storms) and right now I lost **almost** all programming. All HD is gone. HD locals are still up. But here is the weird thing. I still have signal on some 101 TP's and they're not spotbeams

TP 6, 8, 14, 16, 22, 24, 30 & 32 are still holding at 60ish on the meter....all of those TP's are on Directv 9 satellite (whats even weirder is 2 & 10 are also on D9 yet show 0)

Interesting that D8 (the other conus slot at 101) is gone yet D9 holds on right now. D9 is only a year newer (2005 vs 2006)

Hope this crap gets done so I have signal back. I went out and looked at the dish on the roof and we have heaters on them so no snow yet pretty much everything is gone. The snow is heavy wet stuff.

You have No snow on the dish and you've lost most everything ?

Storm must be quite dense, your right, the Wet stuff usually is the worst , but thats typically when it's ON the dish, must be really bad if it's not even On it and it's gone.

Hang in there Ice !

I went outside and the dish doesnt look like it has any snow on it (of course its dark out but there is a little light out there)
checked in the community room and the D12 there is same thing....only 101 spotbeams and the D9 sats show fine. Everything else is out.

It is that concrete snow...earlier today the SD signal was in the 60's and HD was in the 40's yet working...

Very wet snows as you know Ice, will knock out your signal, no matter how clear the dish is.

oh I know....but I was shocked to see one satellite be such more powerful than the other.
Normally D8 TP's are 94-98 while D9 I've seen 100's (usually its 97-99)

earlier this winter (waaaaaaaayyyyy back in December) we had same thing. But like a dummy I RBR'd thinking that would fix it then lost everything as 119 shows 0's so no guide

so not doing that this time ;)

I'm fully aware of that ;)

But it just seems weird that a satellite 1 year newer shows 67-70 on the meters yet all other CONUS TP's on same orbital slot shows 0

Maybe what you mentioned earlier is the answer ... I don't know where to find the info, but it's possible that the different Sats are at different power levels, newer ones , more wattage ?

We sometimes discuss this when the New Sats go up .... haven't had that opportunity of late :(

so this morning there was a glob of snow near the bottom of the dish.....outside of the "dish heater" zone so
101 D8 TP's were in the 70's
101 D9 was 95-99
110 was in the 90's
119 was between 80-90 for CONUS TP's
HD was all over the place....99C was in the 60's....103CA was around 20-25 and 103CB was in the 30s.....

once the sun got around there we're back to normal :)

so this morning there was a glob of snow near the bottom of the dish.....outside of the "dish heater" zone so
101 D8 TP's were in the 70's
101 D9 was 95-99
110 was in the 90's
119 was between 80-90 for CONUS TP's
HD was all over the place....99C was in the 60's....103CA was around 20-25 and 103CB was in the 30s.....

once the sun got around there we're back to normal :)
Something getting wet and drying out ?
LNB going bad/cracked/ moisture ?

nope. Just snow on the bottom of the dish blocking the signal

we had a foot of heavy wet concrete snow yesterday....once the sun got around and melted that little bit everything is back to normal
90's for 101 TP's
99 or 100 for the D9 TP's
95 for the 3 TP's on 110
89-96 on 119 CONUS
low 90's on 99C
mid-upper 80's on 103CA
90's on 103CB
90's on 95

nope. Just snow on the bottom of the dish blocking the signal

we had a foot of heavy wet concrete snow yesterday....once the sun got around and melted that little bit everything is back to normal
90's for 101 TP's
99 or 100 for the D9 TP's
95 for the 3 TP's on 110
89-96 on 119 CONUS
low 90's on 99C
mid-upper 80's on 103CA
90's on 103CB
90's on 95
Oh, I got ya ...

well another wet sloppy snowstorm again and same results as before

except the Genie rebooted so now I'm screwed as there is no way to get a guide. I unplugged it and will wait for tomorrow to power it back on ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)