HN9000 relocation (how?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
(not likely)
I agree. If you recall, spot beams are what, 400 or so miles in diameter? There are sub-carriers within each spot beam. Don't recall the details, but I think something like 8 sub-carriers per. Individual accounts get assigned to a sub-carrier, and subsequently to an associated gateway server (although I suspect some doubling up in sparsely populated areas). Assuming sub-carriers divide a spotbeam geographically, 50 miles can make a big difference. I really don't see how this can be done without HughesNet cooperation at the NOC end.

//greg//

In my experience, I have seen a customer move only about 3 miles from the original install and probing would not pass, just from that short of a distance.

And yes for every 1 uplink beam there are 7 download beams for a total of 112 uplink and 784 download.

Did this guy ever get his system going?? If you got a dapt and squinter and put in your gps location then all you need is someone with a certification to call it in and get the relocation approved. Assuming you know how to use it. I can call it in and get it approved no fso# needed.

Also can I post some stuff about hughes and P-10 and the contractors handling their work orders without getting banned???

It's some pretty good stuff!!! I have a lot of years putting in hughes but got screwed out of 8,000 last year and want to air the dirty laundry....lol! I hate Hughes and P-10! There is some shady stuff that has been going on it would definately be a buyer beware story!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)