Hockey Playoffs for Dish subscribers

Pistol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Hockey Playoffs for Dish subscribers: Now that the NHL playoffs are approaching does anyone have an idea of which channels will broadcast the games? I know the first two rounds will be broadcast as selected Center Ice package games but what then? Any chance of hd broadcasts? I am waiting to order the vip 622 to replace my 921 and have the Indianapolis market locals.

Realizing that I am from St. Louis and there is no chance of local playoff coverage (just waiting for the draft in June). I know we have no shot at OLN, but does HDNET have any play-off coverage? The HDNET website only lists regualr season games. I think my best chance is to find another place to watch other than home.

Didn't NBC pick up the NHL? I know I have watched a couple games on NBC on Saturdays. I was hoping, that when the flyers make it to the cup games, they would be shown on a major channel that has HD capabilities.

BFG said:
They'll be on OLN which dish currently has not agreed to bring back on ;) :D
does that include ALL 3rd and final round playoff games?
Hmmm...Dish and OLN is a dead issue..I wonder if I will have to activate one of my old(RCA DRD) DTV receivers .....i was considering that for the basball season since it looks like Dish will crap out on SNY..i'm not going to buy the EI at full price and not get all the games..That would be bad business on my part..I think it would be just a hoot if all E* subs that are Mets/ Yankees fans just up and cancel.....Maybe that would send a message to Charlie that they mean business...
Anyway, it looks like the NHL fans that have E* are going to get it in the pooper as well.....

OLN will broadcast the conference championship series and the first 2 games of the Stanley Cup finals. NBC picks up from Game 3 of the finals.

Round 1 & 2 series- NHL Center Ice

Conference Finals and gms 1&2 of Cup- OLN

Finals gm 3-7 NBC

They added SNY two weeks ago.

I could care less about hockey until the playoffs start. But I do root for the Devils once they get in. Since they are on a tear it may be time to tune them in again......

Gotta love torturing those Rangers and Flyers fans (sorry, I know you are a loyal bunch, but you guys seem to FIND a way to pooch things by the end of the season..... EITHER of you could have one the division)

In Marty (Brodeur) we trust.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)