Holland HFS-2D KA/KU band HF splitter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satsol67

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Had anyone tried these before? I have been told by several people that these work great for DVR's hd or sd. These take the place of the need for a second line. I didnt beleive it until I was shown that they do work.

Holland HFS-2D KA/KU band HF splitter. You can get them here

Splitters

But I was told they can be found for right around 2 bucks and as soon as I find out where I will post it.

If anyone else has tried these please give me your feedback.

Thanks.

Ron

Splitter

Don't believe everything you hear and you should be careful about things you see if it goes against known facts!

Dual tuner receivers in the abscence of a SWM system require 2 separate satellite lines. You may get signal on both tuners with a splitter some of the time but all channel combinations will not be available . Recordings will be lost.

SMW when generally available will change this. The HR-20 actually only needs one line in from SMW and does splitting to 2 tuners internally.

Doctor j

Guess I will see I am testing another one now until I get that one and so far its working fine. I just dont see how dish can use a line splitter but DTV cant. I know about the SWM but as we all know we cant get one.

DTV can't use a line splitter, because each of the tuners need a separate path back to the dish to tell the dish which set of transponders they want to receive. Sorry, it won't work.
Dish stacks multiple satellites/transponders onto a single cable and so a splitter will work. It's not possible for DirecTV to do this since there are so many satellites. The new SWM is in some ways like the Dish system but more sophisticated. Each tuner requests a station from the SWM. Each tuner has a "channel" on the cable from the SWM, and the SWM puts into each channel only the station the tuner is requesting. So an SWM cable can use normal broadband splitters to drive the two tuners in an HR20 DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)