When I order and when the installer is here, Any questions I should be asking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

insomniahead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
I don't want to go through this entire setup and figure out a week later I needed something I don't have.

I am looking for mostly HD content. Are the different series of the HD20 any different. (ex: HD-20 600, HD-20 700)

Questions that I should ask the installer?

Thanks in advance.

You will need a 5LNB dish (should be included the second you mention the HD desire). The HR20's are essentially identical. The model number (-100 or -700) indicate the manufacturer. There is no guaranteed way to get the one you want. But either will do the same things as they are built to the spec's.

If you plan on having multiple TV's, you will need one box per tv, unless you have a whole-house wiring solution in place. D* installers will not do this for you...you would need to do it yourself or hire a local person to setup your house this way.

Just be clear in talking to the reps about what you plan to do with your new service. They can tailor a solution that will work for you.

You might want to call Plasma Concepts first. They have a special offer for SatGuys members that is pretty much better than anything D* can do for you. Do a search for Plasma Concepts on this forum and you will see the deal...I think it is a sticky post on the main D* page or D* HD page.

Good luck!

I don't want to go through this entire setup and figure out a week later I needed something I don't have.

I am looking for mostly HD content. Are the different series of the HD20 any different. (ex: HD-20 600, HD-20 700)

Questions that I should ask the installer?

Thanks in advance.

Yes there is a difference. The boxes you are most likely referring to are H20-600 (straight HD with no recording capability) and HR20-700 (HD with DVR capability). Note the "R" in the HR20-700...it's D*'s way of denoting a DVR type receiver. The "-600" and "-700" are D*'s way of denoting the manufacturer of the receiver. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)