Home/Away Basketball Games on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shramj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2005
I currently have Cox Cable out here in Phoenix, AZ. I want to go with D* so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket but even if I get the local stations with D*, will they block out local Phoenix Suns Basketball games on D*?

shramj said:
I currently have Cox Cable out here in Phoenix, AZ. I want to go with D* so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket but even if I get the local stations with D*, will they block out local Phoenix Suns Basketball games on D*?

I am not totally sure about your question...but the answer to is yes :)

D* will blackout the games whether you can get it OTA or not. If you can get it OTA, then they cannot touch that....

Hope this is what you were looking for

shramj said:
I currently have Cox Cable out here in Phoenix, AZ. I want to go with D* so I can get the NFL Sunday Ticket but even if I get the local stations with D*, will they black out local Phoenix Suns Basketball games on D*?

They won't block out the local games for you if they show up on Fox Sports Arizona. They will black out the NBA League Pass channel feed of the Suns game.

For other teams, like the Chicago Bulls, for example, they will black out the feed on Comcast Sports Net Chicago (640)for you.

So, you'd get the games on 649 for FSN Arizona or 46 for the UPN games, rather than in the 721-735 range if you NBA League Pass.

The same thing will happen with Arizona Cardinals NFL games. You'll have to watch that game (if you happen to like watching them) on the local FOX or CBS channel, rather than in the 700 range of NFL Sunday Ticket.

shramj said:

I am confused, the NFL ST would be the Arizona Cardinals not the Phoenix Suns; they are an NBA team.

You'd get the Suns games on any OTA station they're on and on your RSN affiliate (e.g. FSN Arizona). If you're talking HD, you'll get the ones that are produced by FSN Arizona, you may need the HD package but I'm not positive

Buy WHY would anyone want to watch the Cardinals???? One of the great benefits of NFL ST in AZ is that no good games ever get blacked out!!! (when counting in OTA / NFL ST feeds)

NVBlue said:
Are the Suns and Cardinals mergng into one team?? What about the snake and Wiley Coyote?

He's getting D* for NFL ST. He wants to know how his NBA (Suns) broadcasts will be handled on DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)