Home plug problem with one 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

burtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
East coast of MN
Hi all:

I am having trouble with one of two 722Ks that I am connecting to my network using the home plug adapter I got from Dish. My 722 downstairs works fine and is online all of the time. The one upstairs I get setup and working and I can login to dish.sling.com and set recordings and everything will work, but then it loses connection the next day. Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so did you get it working?

Thanks

Have you tried entering a MAC address in the router table? Sometimes this workd. Is the droppage a continual problem or a a random problem? Are there any other electrical items that could interfere with it?

Have you tried entering a MAC address in the router table? Sometimes this workd. Is the droppage a continual problem or a a random problem? Are there any other electrical items that could interfere with it?
No I have not entered the units MAC address in the router so I will try that when I get home. It seems to drop randomly, sometimes it works for a few hours sometimes for a few days. What other type of electrical items, my son has a PS3 hooked up but I do not think that is the problem. I am using an extension cord, not a surge protector, to plug in that 722 and am thinking about rewiring a switched outlet to not switched and plugging it in directly

Homeplug does recommend that you plug the items directly into a wall unit. That may solve the dropping issues.

Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)