homeplug adapter for vip612 question?

312Magnum

Original poster
Aug 20, 2009
Texas
maybe one of you guys can help me...my goal is to connect my dish reciever, ps3, and tv to my ethernet connection via homeplug adapter...i was to get the linksys plk300 4 port kit that transfers up to 200 mbps...my question is will the 612 reciever be compatible with that?...i have read that it is only compatible with homeplug 1.0 up to 85 mbps...but i didnt know if that meant with the built in homeplug or what?

i also have a vip211k in my bedroom that i would like to hook up to ethernet connection...

will the homeplug a/v 200 mbps adapters be compatible with my recievers?...thanks guys!

Homeplug should like any other interface, be backward compatible from 2.0 to 1.0. The Linksys will simply run at 1.0 speeds while talking to your receiver.

see i thought i read somewhere on this forum where some guy used the homeplug av connector with speeds up to 200 mbps and it worked with his reciever...i want to get the av homeplug so i can hook up my ps3 and netflix tv to it, but im unsure what will work...

so in other words i have to get something with 85 mbps max...something like the linksys pltk300 kit?
The Linksys PLTK300 will work. Here is the original thread on HomePlug. There is a lot of info about how to get HomePlug working on your system.

yup the pltk300 is what i will have to go with...i talked with linksys techincal support and they stated homeplug av is not compatible with homeplug 1.0 devices...so until the boxes are upgraded to av compatibility, 85 mbps is what i have to go wtih...thanks fellas

This is true, a good old copper ethernet cable is hard to top. Homeplug is great when you can't or won't run a ethernet cable.

Timer ends at 12 minutes on 722k

Which converter box?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)