Hooked on Rock Band

Kevinw

Just a regular guy
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Jacksonville, FL
Ok I know I am a bit late but the other day my son asked me if I wanted to play. It was my first attempt and now I am hooked. 50 years old and I can now live my dream of being a rocker:eek: or jamming with Jimmy Buffet:D

Ok I know I am a bit late but the other day my son asked me if I wanted to play. It was my first attempt and now I am hooked. 50 years old and I can now live my dream of being a rocker:eek: or jamming with Jimmy Buffet:D

And I can now live my dream of being a rocker with a female Chinese lead singer who is belting out "Mississippi Queen." :up

I like this game too. Kev we are going to have to play sometime.

BTW, has anyone had trouble "alt-strumming" on their guitars. Meaning strumming up and down during the quick notes. I have never had a problem on GH3 strumming this way but Rock Band's guitar will only let me hit the notes strumming one-way which is kind of hard to do playing to Black Sabbath. Is it the guitar, the game or me?

I think it is the way the guitar is. Use the GH guitar if you want.

I think it is the way the guitar is. Use the GH guitar if you want.
I abhor the RB Guitar. Red Octane really did get it right for GH. The RB guitar is bulky and feels cheap. I never use it. I purchased the bundle, and I was going to sell it until I found out I probably wouldn't get a good resell value for it, so I decided to just hold on to it in case my 2 other guitars broke. ;p

BTW, there is a nice sale going on right now for $0.99 on some nice tracks for RB on the PSN store until the 14th. Get them while you can.

You can use the GH guitar with Rockband but not the other way around.

BTW, has anyone had trouble "alt-strumming" on their guitars. Meaning strumming up and down during the quick notes. I have never had a problem on GH3 strumming this way but Rock Band's guitar will only let me hit the notes strumming one-way which is kind of hard to do playing to Black Sabbath. Is it the guitar, the game or me?

Not sure when you bought Rockband, but there was a problem with the "early" guitars. I had EA replace mine, free of charge, because of a strum bar issue.

I have most of my games on the 360 and usually don't think about the other. Sorry about that. Yeah only the 360 is.

No problems. I just wanted to clarify. There's been so much confusion about it.

I still love Rock Band but I haven't played much since GTA:IV came out. I just hope that all the old instruments work with Rock Band 2 whenever it eventually comes out. It'd be nice to just buy the game and not have to fork out for all the instruments.

My wife and I are addicted to Rock Band. We got the new version and the fact they let you download all your old songs and add the 80+ new ones is just fantastic. My wife wrote an article about our love of the game:

You're Never Too Old To Rock - oneforthetable.com

I'd love to get some other Band names for the Battle of the Band Challenges, ours is Great White Lion Snake, if you got a 360 LETS ROCK!!!!!
Dave

I may have to dive into this myself. My GF has been wanting Sing Star, but with only 30 songs for $60, I have serious replayability issues with it, and I'd rather play guitar.

Here's my question: if I buy Rock Band 2 software for PS3 when it comes out, can I just buy the mike and guitar separately to use with it, since I probably won't have space for a drum kit. And do any of those third party guitars work better than the one that comes with it (which everyone says sucks)?

First, Rock BAND IS Way cooler and you will love being able to jam guitar while she sings, plus with weekly downloadable songs you always have new stuff to play. They just announced 6 albums that will be available in the next few months by Foo Fighers, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jane's Addiction, Red Hot Chili Peppers in addition to the ones they have already released from Boston, the Cars, the Who, Rush and Judas Priest. It is crazy how many great tunes from various Genre's are in this game.

As for the instruments, you can definitely buy the mic and guitars separately. On XBOX the Guitar Hero guitars work so I still use my old GH one which is much better than the one that came with the Rock Band One bundle.

You will love it... rock ON.

Rush next week! I have to play this in moderation. Overplayed GH2, so really sick of the Guitar, and I get burnt out on drums pretty quickly when im not at a friend's place. I am a medium-hard drummer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)