Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Most English is vertical

-the audio channels are V
-Daystar & GNF are V
-Most of the church channels, Fashion TV & GNF are on V

H would be Russia Today

If you go V, this is easy to set everything up :D
(the kicker is trying to scan it in and post)

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
I think the 76cm will get moved around a bit till we find where we want it. Mainly I am trying to get away from motorized dishs, seems to be the best way to setup with multiple recievers.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well here would be a setup using what you have written above :)

one 4x4 multiswitch would have
-G4 H
-G10 V
-IA7 H
-IA5 V

second 4x4 would have
-AMC3 H
-BOTH from 119
-V from 91

one output from each 4x4 goes into a 4 way Diseqc switch. I didnt deal with the C-Band (its on the side) but you have 2 empty ports on the Diseqc switches for 2 lines form the C-Band LNB's...if you go 3 you can put a 22k switch on 2 of those C-Band cables :)

D-Diseqc switch...

Attachments

• setup.JPG
    setup.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 71

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
WOW, cool, that looks like the setup I will try. Looks like it will work fine, I just have to figure out where to put my g12 lnb :0)

MikeI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 25, 2004
drhydro said:
Took a day off today and decided to spend some time playing with my 6' BUD. I leveled the pole, ran an extension cord out to the dish and hooked up a 2700 and sat finder to the lnb.

I didnt bother to hook up the actuator, the old one was toast, and I havent put my spare thompson saginaw on the dish yet. I also havent hooked up the polorator yet.

I loosed the bolts on the mount so i could swing the dish around and figure out where it had been pointed at last. After about 2 minutes of playing around i had a good strong signal on the meter. Not knowing where I was pointing, or what polarity the polarotor was on, I decided to do a blind scan. After scanning I had 4 FTA channels, on fr. 3947 sym 9400.

I checked lyngsat and low and behold, I was on g4 (the sat i wanted that dish pointed at) :D Signal quality is at 65% without really peaking the dish ( I cant peak skew without the polarotor hooked up. WOOOO HOOOOO.

Did you try any other satellites?

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
Iceberg said:
The G12 LNB can be tapped into the Diseqc switch. There is room for 2 more ports
Nice, that means I have to figure out where to point one more LNB ;-)

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
MikeI said:
Did you try any other satellites?
I didnt really try Mike1, as g4 was my target sat for this dish, and that was the first sat I hit. Maybe this weekend I will try for more just to test the capabilities of this dish.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 19, 2004
Here are a couple of pics of my 6' BUD, If you look close at the second pic you will see the 10' BUD in the background.

Attachments

• 6' dish.jpg
    6' dish.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 6'dishpic2.jpg
    6'dishpic2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)