Hooking up 2nd line to HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
I need a little help. I want to get a 2nd HD DVR, the best price I could get was $149 plus $99 for installation. That is more then I can afford. The setup I have now is a H20. I have one line coming in from the satellite and one line coming in from my outside OTA antenna. What I would like to do, is take my OTA line and hook it into the satellite, but am not sure how to go about doing that. I am receiving my HD OTA channels through D* First off, is this something that I can do myself or do I have to have D* do it. I would appreciate anybodys help, Thanks in advance.

I assume you have a dish with four outputs. You mention that you want to get a second HD DVR, yet state you have the H20, which isn't a DVR. Are there multiple lines connected to the dish now? If not, get all four lines run to a common location in the house. Then distribute from there to receiver locations.

The new MPEG4 sat signals can not be diplexed with OTA, so you need to have that line also run.

When you state that you are getting your OTA HD locals from DirecTV, do you mean via the dish or that the OTA channels show up in the guide?

What I have is a H20 and what I want is a HR... I have a HR20 in my bedroom. The satellite I have is a 5 lnb. The lines that I have coming into the H20 is one the satellite feed and the OTA line. Hope this helps. If you need any other info let me know. Thanks for your help.

Okay, you have an H20 and an HR20 requiring three lines from the dish, right? To replace the H20 with the HR2x you need the fourth line from the dish. You can use the OTA coax for either the antenna or the fourth line from the dish.

You'll have to remove the LNB assembly from the arm and connect the fourth line to the LNB. If you need the OTA, then that needs to remain as a separate coax.

If you want to keep the H20 in use, you need the SW8 multiswitch. This connects to the four lines from the dish and then you have 8 outputs for receivers.

Did this help?

Thanks for your help. No, I don't want to keep the H20, I want to replace it with a HR2x. I am receiving my ota channels through D*, so I don't need the ota line. Again thanks for your help. I just need to work on D* to get a better price on a HR2x.

The H 20 & the HR20 were the end of the line for OTA ports & ATSC tuners in the recorders.

To do what you want you need to acquire another HR20.

Can anyone confirm?

Joe

I get my hd local via D*. Don't need the ota line. What kind of price can I expect to pay for a HR2x?

I get my hd local via D*. Don't need the ota line. What kind of price can I expect to pay for a HR2x?

SolidSignal has the HR21 &Hr22..........I think you gotta go through DTV for the HR23
with the bigger drive for now.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)