Hooking up a 722 in an RV

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have a Kingdome in my motor home. I recently changed it for HD and got a 211K. When I ran a check switch, it found 110 and 119, but not 61.5. King tells me it's the receiver, but it works fine in the house hooked up to my antenna there.

I want to test the antenna by hooking up my 722 and running a check switch. If there is something wrong with the antenna, I won't be able to see all 3 satellites. If I can see all 3 with this receiver, the problem is with the 211. The 722 has some sort splitter that hooks one coax wire up to both inputs. Can I hook one input from the Kingdome to the splitter?

There is a second connection for the Kingdome in the bedroom. Do I need to use that one for the second tuner?

I have a Kingdome in my motor home. I recently changed it for HD and got a 211K. When I ran a check switch, it found 110 and 119, but not 61.5. King tells me it's the receiver, but it works fine in the house hooked up to my antenna there.

I want to test the antenna by hooking up my 722 and running a check switch. If there is something wrong with the antenna, I won't be able to see all 3 satellites. If I can see all 3 with this receiver, the problem is with the 211. The 722 has some sort splitter that hooks one coax wire up to both inputs. Can I hook one input from the Kingdome to the splitter?

There is a second connection for the Kingdome in the bedroom. Do I need to use that one for the second tuner?

The 2 kingdomes I've seen are 119/110 only, if there is only 1 dish on your motorhome, thats what you got. And they are similar to a legacy set up, so it wont work correctly through the separator on the 722.

If they added a 61.5 wing dish to your motorhome, they would of also needed to add a switch, since the 119/110 dish works like legacy, and doesnt have an input for the 61.5 satellite..so even if it's there, it may not be configured properly.

The 2 kingdomes I've seen are 119/110 only, if there is only 1 dish on your motorhome, thats what you got. And they are similar to a legacy set up, so it wont work correctly through the separator on the 722.

This is a model 9704 and there is a setup that allows access to all three satellites. It tells the receiver that the switch is an SW64.

It gave me a lot of trouble, worked once, then failed after that so I know it should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)