Hooking up a 722 in an RV

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I have a Kingdome in my motor home. I recently changed it for HD and got a 211K. When I ran a check switch, it found 110 and 119, but not 61.5. King tells me it's the receiver, but it works fine in the house hooked up to my antenna there.

I want to test the antenna by hooking up my 722 and running a check switch. If there is something wrong with the antenna, I won't be able to see all 3 satellites. If I can see all 3 with this receiver, the problem is with the 211. The 722 has some sort splitter that hooks one coax wire up to both inputs. Can I hook one input from the Kingdome to the splitter?

There is a second connection for the Kingdome in the bedroom. Do I need to use that one for the second tuner?

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
I have a Kingdome in my motor home. I recently changed it for HD and got a 211K. When I ran a check switch, it found 110 and 119, but not 61.5. King tells me it's the receiver, but it works fine in the house hooked up to my antenna there.

I want to test the antenna by hooking up my 722 and running a check switch. If there is something wrong with the antenna, I won't be able to see all 3 satellites. If I can see all 3 with this receiver, the problem is with the 211. The 722 has some sort splitter that hooks one coax wire up to both inputs. Can I hook one input from the Kingdome to the splitter?

There is a second connection for the Kingdome in the bedroom. Do I need to use that one for the second tuner?

The 2 kingdomes I've seen are 119/110 only, if there is only 1 dish on your motorhome, thats what you got. And they are similar to a legacy set up, so it wont work correctly through the separator on the 722.

If they added a 61.5 wing dish to your motorhome, they would of also needed to add a switch, since the 119/110 dish works like legacy, and doesnt have an input for the 61.5 satellite..so even if it's there, it may not be configured properly.

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
The 2 kingdomes I've seen are 119/110 only, if there is only 1 dish on your motorhome, thats what you got. And they are similar to a legacy set up, so it wont work correctly through the separator on the 722.

This is a model 9704 and there is a setup that allows access to all three satellites. It tells the receiver that the switch is an SW64.

It gave me a lot of trouble, worked once, then failed after that so I know it should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts