Hooking up DVD recorder with D* DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fightfan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
Parts unknown
I'm trying to decide what is the best way to hook up my DVD recorder with my D* DVR. I want best quality picture when watching tv so I'm thinking this:

D* DVR out to TV

TV out to DVD recorder

DVD recorder out to TV (does this cause a problem with this loop?)

or will there not be much of a picture quality loss if I have it hooked up like this:

D* DVR out to DVD recorder

DVD recorder out to TV via component cables.

Any ideas or suggestions??

I'm trying to decide what is the best way to hook up my DVD recorder with my D* DVR. I want best quality picture when watching tv so I'm thinking this:

D* DVR out to TV

TV out to DVD recorder

or will there not be much of a picture quality loss if I have it hooked up like this:

dont feed one or the other thru one ... hook to different inputs on tv...

to record to dvd use video in ....

D* DVR out to TV

TV out to DVD recorder

What kind of TV do you have that outputs video? I don't think you're going to get any video to your DVD recorder in this setup...

Usually, there is only one way to attach a DVR and DVD recorder to your TV to get the best picture:

1) Directv DVR to TV with HDMI
2) DVD Recorder to TV with HDMI or Component(depending what outputs the DVD recorder has;
3) Directv DVR to DVD recorder with S-Video and RCA red/white cables

This may change if you have a separate A/V receiver for sound.

Basically, don't run anything through anything. Hook 1 D* output to an input on the TV, and another D* output to an input on the DVD Recorder, and then an output on the DVD Recorder to another seperate input on the TV.

Always use the best connection available. Some older units won't have HDMI or even component.

Best connection for a 1080p (in order from best to worst):

1) HDMI
2) Component
3) S-Video
4) RCA connections
5) Coax

Anything less than 1080p, there's some controversy which of the first 2 are better; sometimes depends on the devices being connected to each other.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)