Hooking up motorized ku dish and c band dish on same reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fta4life

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Beaumont,Texas
Hi everyone I had a question about hooking up my motorized 1.1 ku dish and my c band dish on my microhd at same time.

I tried reading some other posts on this but cant seem to find anything.

I have a c band dish which I am running motor and polarity off an analog reciever while dish lnb is ran to my microhd. I want to figure out how I can connect the motorized ku dish and the c band dish up to my micro at the same time. I dont see a diseqc switch running the ku motor, any suggestions?

Thanks

There will be many replies, but for best performance in my system I have it wired like this

STB to 2x1 Splitter (3Ghz All Port Power Passing)
Splitter port 1 to controller loop out to KU HH motor. (Your system - directly to KU HH)
Splitter port 2 to 22Khz Switch
22Khz Switch port 1 to KU LNBF
22Khz Switch port 2 to C-band LNBF

I use the splitter distribution to isolate and reduce attenuation/Interference on the satellite IF passing through multiple electronic devices.

Interesting. I never thought of using a splitter to avoid the signal running through the motor. Have you managed to quantify the difference? I never thought to look for a dB loss figure for the HH motor.

I have a single cable running to the ku motor. After the motor a Diseqc switch connecting to the ku LNB and another running off to the C-band dish.

Some motors (and versions) are better than others. Some motors have higher loss, but the dB loss isn't the only concern. You certainly see the noise level increase when passing through motors and bumps higher during moves. I especially appreciate the noise isolation and flexability in distribution path with a splitter solution.

Compare your Signal Quality (better with a meter or scope) with and without the motor in line.

If you are already slaving through a splitter, Put the Diseqc switch between the motor and the Ku lnb. The motor will pass the Diseqc commands.

Interesting. I never thought of using a splitter to avoid the signal running through the motor. Have you managed to quantify the difference? I never thought to look for a dB loss figure for the HH motor.

I have a single cable running to the ku motor. After the motor a Diseqc switch connecting to the ku LNB and another running off to the C-band dish.

Those of us using an old C band receiver to control polarity (polarotor or corotor), also use the receiver to power the lnbs on the bud. Using splitters (1 port power passing) you can add several recivers to be fed off that lnb.

In my case, Im running splitters for both C and Ku with an additional motorized Ku dish as described above. That way I have a choice as to which dish feeds the Ku signal to the second receiver.

Last edited:
Before I got my V-box and setup my dual feed on my C-Band dish, I used my old receiver to move the C-Band dish motor and for polarotor control only, and used a 4X1 switch out from the newer receiver, port 1 to my Ku dish and port 2 to my C-Band dish. I used Usals control for the Ku dish and Diseqc control for the C-band dish.

You may want to check out the ASC1 satellite positioner that member Titanium will be selling soon, it's like a V-Box only it does polarotor control too. With one of those you could use just the Micro and not have to mess with the old receiver at all.

Last edited:
well basically my setup is this

c band dish

motor and polarity wires run straight to analog reciever

coax from lnb straight run to micro hd not to analog reciever

ku dish

cable running straight from motor to microhd reciever

what i am trying to do is have the two cables combine into one run to the micro where i can run the motorized ku and also get the c band signals on the same line so i dont have to swap them out all the time, remember the c band is being moved and changing polarity off the analog.

Since you didn't like my last suggestion, how about this?

The easiest way is just to add a quality 22Khz switch to your system.

• microHD to 22Khz switch
  • 22Khz Port 1 to KU motor
  • KU Motor loop to KU LNBF
  • 22Khz Port 2 to C LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)