Hookup configuration question.

gpuvalowski

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2007
First I will tell you what I have and then what I would like to do and then a couple questions.

I bought all of my current equipment, and have no contract and would continue to be the same way.

I HAVE:
Dish 500 with DPP lnb. 2 wires coming into house, one to 322 reciever (w/ DPP seperator) one wire to 311 reciever. the 322 reciever is running 1 TV (the one it is at) w/ turner #1 and 3 tv's w/ tuner #2. The 311 is on its own tv.

WHAT I WANT TO DO:
Dish 500 with DPP lnb. 2 wires coming into the house, one to a 625 DVR reciever (w/ DPP seperator). The 625 will go where the 322 was and will feed 2 tv's the one its at and the one that had the 311. I would like to run the 2nd wire from the dish to the 322 (w/ DPP seperator) and have tuner #1 go to basement (where 322 will sit), and tuner #2 feed other 2 TV's.

QUESTIONS:
- Can the DPP lnb feed 2 dual tune recievers?

- I dont have a phone line so is there 2 "no phone line" $5 charges?

- Right now I pay $5 for the extra 311 reciever, will that stay the same with the extra 322 reciever or will it be more because its a dual tuner?

I also could use the 311 to feed the 3 TV's that are together now, but I would have to get the UHF remote upgrade which is $40. Thats why I am thinking about using the 322 since it is built in.

Either way is fine w/ me just want to know my options. Which ever reciever I dont use I will probably sell on ebay.

Thanks for any help

QUESTIONS:

Yes

All dual tuners must be connected to a phone line, else you pay the $5.00.

- Right now I pay $5 for the extra 311 reciever, will that stay the same with the extra 322 reciever or will it be more because its a dual tuner?

It'll be $5.00 for the receiver and $5.00 more if you don't connect it to a phone line.

QUESTIONS:

I also could use the 311 to feed the 3 TV's that are together now, but I would have to get the UHF remote upgrade which is $40. Thats why I am thinking about using the 322 since it is built in.

Either way is fine w/ me just want to know my options. Which ever reciever I dont use I will probably sell on ebay.

Thanks for any help

Can the DPP lnb feed 2 dual tune recievers? Yes, the DPP can feed 2 dual tuners.

I don't have a phone line so is there 2 "no phone line" $5 charges? Yes, there will be 2 "No Phone Line fees" when using a 625 and a 311 or a 322. If you had HD (and got a 722) then you could use an ethernet connection, but that is not available on the 625 (or the 311 and 322 I believe).

You will still have the $5 Additional Outlet (that is for any box regardless of whether it is a single or dual box). The "No Phone Line Fee" is the "Extra" charge for the dual tuner. Basically, Dish says that if you plug the box in, they will waive the extra outlet fee for the second tuner. (Tuner 1 you must pay the $5 fee. Tuner 2, if you plug in a phone line you don't have to pay. If you don't plug it in, then you have to pay).

Hope that helps,
Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)