Hope Church Channel added to Glorystar

Glorystar1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
Roseville, California
Glorystar would like to welcome a new channel by our broadcasting partner Hope Church Channel now available via the AMC 4 KU satellite!

Please contact them and let them know that you are viewing to their channel on Glorystar and thank them for making their channel available for free!

If you enjoy their programming please consider supporting their ministry with donations.

Satellite: AMC 4
Frequency: 11916
Polarity:Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 3100

VPID: 3160
APID: 3120
PCR: 3160
SID 1

This is a SCPC channel, so please let us know how the Signal Quality reading compares to other channels on the AMC 4 KU satellite.

by the way it registers as 75 quality.,..same as the mux with Gospel Music TV (11860)

Also I noticed it scans as $ but is free...looks like the powervu encryption is off

After doing a Power Scan with the "detailed" setting, it came in, but at:

11915/H/3102 rather than the specs listed above

I still can't find the Hope Church Channel, guess I'll have to wait on the update. What day of the week does the update come?

I hope the final DVR-1100c manual has more detailed info and examples of how to scan, I'm not doing well at all. My good news is that KUIL FOX showed up as first on the scan searching for Hope.

Elder:
You will need to do a transponder scan on 11916. You have 2 options on the DVR-1100. One is "TP Scan (Free)" and the other is "TP scan". Use the TP scan because for now, the receiver thinks its a pay channel and will not scan it in during a "free" scan. I tried it last night and was able to scan it in.

Be forewarned however, that I think I found a "glitch" in the software. Everytime I do a scan (either transponder or blind) it erases my timer settings. I've had to re-enter my timer settings a fwe times now. This is a repeatable problem. Let me know if this worked for you.

Ken

I did a TP scan on 11860, but didn't find it unless it is labeled as something I don't recognize. I did see channels labeled with $. I set a timer and it was gone after the scan.

I thought I had it made I didn't realize the TP edit (red button) was involved. I didn't try TP Add or TP Delete (hope the final manual has some info on these). I got screens I hadn't seen before, tried TP, TP(FTA) and Blind Scan to no avail unless channel is not identified as Hope Church or something recognizable. Tried Blind Scan twice and got a system freeze both times and had to do a rear panel off and on to reboot. I had to do it earlier to get the IR receiver to recognize the remote. Of course the date and time have to be reset after these reboots or any power outage.

Last edited:
The Hope Church channel is on a new TP that is not in the TP list. If you wish to add the channel before the update occurs next Tuesday night, you will need to either add the TP manually using the RED button to add a TP information or perform a BLIND SCAN.

Speed up the blind scan process by setting the Symbol Rate to less than 4000 and the polarization to Horizontal then exit the Blind Scan as soon as the channel appears in the found list. Try unplugging the USB hard drive before scanning. It sounds like there may be a glitch in the USB unit driver or it needs to be formatted with the receiver (again).

Scanned TV channels post in the 2000's, radio channels post in the 4000's.

We are working on the timer eraser issue and will announce if a fix is available. It is very common for receivers to lose timer settings if the channel list is changed. Timers reference a specific channel slot that may be changed in a scan. The loss of a timer may be unavoidable.

I did a TP scan on 11860, but didn't find it unless it is labeled as something I don't recognize. I did see channels labeled with $. I set a timer and it was gone after the scan.

I thought I had it made I didn't realize the TP edit (red button) was involved. I didn't try TP Add or TP Delete (hope the final manual has some info on these). I got screens I hadn't seen before, tried TP, TP(FTA) and Blind Scan to no avail unless channel is not identified as Hope Church or something recognizable. Tried Blind Scan twice and got a system freeze both times and had to do a rear panel off and on to reboot. I had to do it earlier to get the IR receiver to recognize the remote. Of course the date and time have to be reset after these reboots or any power outage.

Hope Church Channel

I have a Fortec Star reciever, but cannot get the Hope Church Channel . I tied doing a power scan but the transponders mentioned, 11916 and 11915, it did not show up. How do I go about doing a blind scan? Or is there a way to manually add a transponder?

What model of Fortec Star? What satellite is the system aimed at?

I have a Fortec Star reciever, but cannot get the Hope Church Channel . I tied doing a power scan but the transponders mentioned, 11916 and 11915, it did not show up. How do I go about doing a blind scan? Or is there a way to manually add a transponder?

Instructions for adding the Hope Church Channel

Instructions for adding the Hope Church Channel can be found at the Hope TV (it's dot-org) website. Choose your connection speed, then click on the Hope Church Channel button on the left.
This will bring you to a query form at offset /contact/register-here-for-hope-church-channel/, after which it will present you with a document with instructions on adding the Hope Church Channel to several models of receiver. If you want to skip filling out the form, the document itself can be found at offset /fileadmin/images/English_Site/PDF_Files/How_to_program_your_receiver_for_HCC.pdf

(I'd post the actual URLs and save folks trouble cutting-and-pasting, but as a newbie here I can't post URLs until I do 15 posts, and this is numero uno).

I note they have the frequency in the instructions listed as 11914, rather than the 11916 value where the OP found it.

Oh, and for the Fortec Star Mercury II receiver, there are a couple of ways to add the channel. Given frequency, polarity, and symbol rate you can do a TP scan, or given the whole set of info you can do an Add Channel operation:
Satellite: AMC 4
Frequency: 11914
Polarity:Horizontal
Symbol Rate: 3100
VPID: 3160
APID: 3120
PCR: 3160

The advantage of the Add Channel method is that if Hope Church Channel doesn't happen to be broadcasting anything at the moment, a TP scan can't find it, whereas the Add Channel allows the channel to be added even if the transponder is off at the time.

Hope Church Channel

Hello I programmed it in tonight but I have sound but a lot of little color blocks, I can't see anything!:(