Hope for SPEED HD freaks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just wait till they make the switch from Fox to FX for some of the regular races... Those won't be in HD either. :mad: Course, I won't get Fox in HD until our affiliate makes the switch next February....

Ok, nevermind, no race on FX this year... Sucks for me though, since I have no Fox HD or ABC HD... Damn cheap market in my area.

lol, got me concerned there for a second....

Yeah, race schedule this year same as last, Fox, TNT (horrible), and then ESPN (even worse, PLEASE STOP DOING RACE BROADCASTS!!!)

Yeah, race schedule this year same as last, Fox, TNT (horrible), and then ESPN (even worse, PLEASE STOP DOING RACE BROADCASTS!!!)

Yep, ESPN is the worst when it comes to NASCAR. But, with Rusty out and D.J. in the booth, maybe it will be better.

My Shell boys didnt do so well, but I'm glad it wasnt Jeffy or Jimmy.....

While watching the race Saturday night when Greg Baffle (DISH Network sponsered car) took the lead, I had to wonder if Charlie was watching in SD like the rest of us....
I bet he was watching it on D*!!

DufferDan

lol, got me concerned there for a second....

I heard (somewhere, I can't remember exactly) NBC isn't going to cover Nascar anymore. Anyone else heard this? Is that why you didn't list them? NO ONE does it better than FOX; OTA+HD=:D. TNT's announcers= BORING..

Last edited:
Just FOX, TNT, ESPN and ABC are the carries for Cup races this year... No NBC anymore. Of course SPEED has some coverages and races too...3 out of 5 are non-HD for me... :( I am hoping maybe my ABC affiliate will be HD by the time they cover the races, but I won't hold my breath...

Just FOX, TNT, ESPN and ABC are the carries for Cup races this year... No NBC anymore. Of course SPEED has some coverages and races too...3 out of 5 are non-HD for me... :( I am hoping maybe my ABC affiliate will be HD by the time they cover the races, but I won't hold my breath...
Got it. Who will be "in the booth" covering the TNT races? Wally Dorkenbach and co.? I get all of them in HD except for Speed, of course. Do you have an OTA antenna?

Got it. Who will be "in the booth" covering the TNT races? Wally Dorkenbach and co.? I get all of them in HD except for Speed, of course. Do you have an OTA antenna?
Yes, OTA is the only way I can get any of the locals in HD. All I have on dish are the SD versions.

Not sure who the "in the booth" guys will be... Seems like every year it is different.

Yeah, i saw that... er, didn't see it, read about it.... :-/

Oh well, and his teammate Denny blew up too! And the third guy on JGR, TOny Stewart, blew an engine yesterday!

They better look a little closer before the CocaCola 600 next weekend....

The engines they were running in the All-Star rage were purpose-built by JGR for the event. The rest of the field better hope they never perfect it because Kyle Busch was still running competitive lap times after dropping two cylinders.

For the Coca Cola 600 they'll be back in TRD supplied engines.

Just so know, currently every HD program of CMT (and MTV and VH-1 as well) is shown on Dish's channel "MHD".

No, I didn't know that... good to konw! But still, I have the DishHD package so I'd like to have the channel someday so I can watch the other programming on it, even if it's SD :cool:

The engines they were running in the All-Star rage were purpose-built by JGR for the event. The rest of the field better hope they never perfect it because Kyle Busch was still running competitive lap times after dropping two cylinders.

For the Coca Cola 600 they'll be back in TRD supplied engines.

That would explain the problem with all three cars then... And yeah, Kyle was almost LAPPING cars after the first 25 lap segment... He was so dominant it was ridiculous, and Denny Hamlin was kicking butt on old tires too at the end there til he blew his engine or whatever as well.

I couldn't watch it, I just followed it on Nascar.com and watching the track speeds and times live... Never done that before, but it worked ok for a short race...

That would explain the problem with all three cars then... And yeah, Kyle was almost LAPPING cars after the first 25 lap segment... He was so dominant it was ridiculous, and Denny Hamlin was kicking butt on old tires too at the end there til he blew his engine or whatever as well.

I couldn't watch it, I just followed it on Nascar.com and watching the track speeds and times live... Never done that before, but it worked ok for a short race...
Tony was running that engine before the race (qualifying and practice). That's why he changed it and had to start last, but finished 5th. I agree with that one guy; If they perfect that engine...JGR top 3! Yeahh Boyee! Get 'em SMOKE (and 18 and 11)!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts