Hope for SPEED HD freaks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can someone tell me when Speed Network came to Dish Network?

I have heard a few things from the inside, but with that information I may be able to tell better whats true and whats just white noise. :)

Can someone tell me when Speed Network came to Dish Network?

I have heard a few things from the inside, but with that information I may be able to tell better whats true and whats just white noise. :)

not a clue...

was this mentioned at all at the Nashville meeting last month? or maybe, if it cant be officially commented on, a "no comment" might be sufficient!

:p

i think most times "no comment" is as good as a "yes"

the other rumors you've been hearing... do those also come off the record?

A friend of mine in El Segundo told me that dialog between E* and Fox has been intense, at times, but that they are Inching closer to some sort of carriage agreement for Speed HD.:rolleyes:

A friend of mine in El Segundo told me that dialog between E* and Fox has been intense, at times, but that they are Inching closer to some sort of carriage agreement for Speed HD.:rolleyes:

An Acquaintance of mine said something recently about that would lend credence to the "intense" remark about talks between Fox and Dish. "Frank" would be the diplomatic term. "Heated" might be the plain English term. And it could cut both ways:

"What do you suppose would happen if Dish Network lost the Bears?"

Like maybe Fox is looking at pulling Retransmission consent from Dish for it's owned and operated stations if Dish does not come to terms on a whole range of crap.

Remember, Speed HD and FX HD are being held hostage to:

1) Fox Lawsuit against Dish for dropping Fox News from AT 100
2) Dish opposition to Fox being released from a bunch a terms and conditions related to Fox acquisition of D*, especially arbitration in carriage disputes
3) Dish refusal to carry Fox Business

The ultimate Arrow in Fox's quiver is retrans rights for the Fox Owned and Operated Local stations that carry NFL (NFC) games in places like Chicago, Detroit, New York, etc.

Not sure they can drop Retrans consent in retaliation for 1, 2 and 3 above, but if they could, I think there would be a stampede away from Dish in Chicago, Detroit, etc.

Speed HD would be the least of Dish's worries.

what i dont understand is this:

we already have speed and FX ,so they already get the channel from fox,why does the Hd matter to them .its not like we dont have it already in sd??they already do business with them.

plus its stupid, thats 13 + million viewers not seeing speed hd and Fx hd and all the advertising that goes with it???

is there something else ?

Carriage of HD and SD are different animals. Sometimes the agreement covers both. Sometimes not.

Sure Fox wants 1.3 million more viewers (actually, they would not be more viewers, just viewers with higher quality feeds of the channels since we can assume almost all of the Speed HD viewers are watching it in SD today). but they also want to get paid a few cents each for them by Dish. Voom was getting something like 9 cents per channel per month per subscriber

Other than shopping channels and public access channels, I don't think any channel is Free to Dish and D* or Cable.

Re: CMT on MHD

Just so know, currently every HD program of CMT (and MTV and VH-1 as well) is shown on Dish's channel "MHD".

unfortunately, not 'every' program is being shown on MHD - there are some episodes of CROSSROADS that never seem to be played including the BonJovi / Sugarland episode that they are using in their advertising

That was not HD. It was upconverted widescreen. Same thing they had from Indy F1 last year.

According to David Hobbes it is upconverted from the World Feed progressive scan PAL. In other words, 576p to 720p.

The Dolby Digital soundtrack was golden. You could hear the roar of track news, both cars and on track announcer, over SPEED/Fox commentators.

thebrit

The only speed here in England are the footballers running on the pitch in Euro 2008 on BBC HD and ITV HD :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)