Hoping Someone Can Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stanow

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I have a problem. Sometimes, at least 3 times a week, my dvr shows that it has recorded something I have set. But, when I go to watch it, it is a black screen and it automatically asks if I want to delete it. It seems like it has recorded an hour of nothing. I check my signal strengths and one tuner is fine and the other is all 0's. I have to reset the receiver in order for anything to record at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!

I have a problem. Sometimes, at least 3 times a week, my dvr shows that it has recorded something I have set. But, when I go to watch it, it is a black screen and it automatically asks if I want to delete it. It seems like it has recorded an hour of nothing. I check my signal strengths and one tuner is fine and the other is all 0's. I have to reset the receiver in order for anything to record at all.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Do you have two cables going into the back of your recorder or a Single Wire Multiswitch?

Need to know a little more about your equipment.

Joe

I have the -700 model receiver.

Two cables plugged into it.

Same problem when I switch the cables around.

What type of programming are you recording? Sports? If so they will blackout and not tell you it is black out and display exactly what you are describing.

No, no sports. It is regular programming. Last night, it was '24' that was the recording. A few days before that, it was one of the 'American Justice' programs on A&E.

It is fairly random, not sports and on national channels.

Try resetting the machine. Sometimes it shows nothing even though it really did record it and it comes back when you reboot the machine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)