Hopper 2/super joeys

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Are Hopper 2s and super joeys still being installed these days?
Sadly, yes. There's no good reason to have a Super Joey. The bill is higher, the installation is more difficult and the Super Joeys have had issues with smart cards and activations. We tech's HATE seeing Work Orders for Super Joeys

I heard for most new installs depending on your how many TVs you want to connect the default options are either Hopper DUO or hopper3.
Not exactly. Hopper Duos are mostly being used to upgrade from older dual-tuners, like 722's.
Hopper 3's are normally used for 4+ TV installs.
Although, there is no real rhyme or reason to it. I see elderly women getting Hopper 3's for 1-room installs, and they don't even know what recording is.
At the same time, I see 3-tuner Hopper slings being installed with 4 TV's, meaning all 4 can't be on at the same time.

My opinion is that Dish has periods where they tell the sales team to push Super Joeys and periods where they don't, probably just to get these multiple-refurbished units back in the field so they can make money off of them without spending money on them.

My opinion is that Dish has periods where they tell the sales team to push Super Joeys and periods where they don't, probably just to get these multiple-refurbished units back in the field so they can make money off of them without spending money on them.
7ae54a14-aa43-46e2-9971-b40240bd20a9_text.gif

It’s definitely very rare Hopper 1’s are installed these days. I’m sure some technicians move on with Hopper 2’s for customers with bad credit and pay as you go accounts.

I wander how are Hopper 1’s are doing these days?

Reactions: charlesrshell
It’s definitely very rare Hopper 1’s are installed these days. I’m sure some technicians move on with Hopper 2’s for customers with bad credit and pay as you go accounts.

I wander how are Hopper 1’s are doing these days?
Still going in and I see them on upgrades for long-time customers who are not Flex or Pay As You Go accounts, smh

We haven't sold H1s or H2s since the H3 came out. I could see an H2 for a single TV install, but you really should get the H3.

Hopper Duos suck, 2 tuners just doesn't cut it these days. But there are a very few instances where they are appropriate.