Hopper 2K S423 Joey S362 Software Update

Longer episode descriptions do get cut off. Mostly an issue with movie descriptions. Would be nice if longer descriptions were scrollable.

Looking at the screenshots posted, there appears to be plenty of open space. If descriptions are getting cut off, they can't be using much of that space (or the description is really, really long -- longer than necessary ?).

BTW for everyone with hard drive transfer problems, I got a replacement Hopper yesterday and got 855 errors when first trying to move existing shows from the EHD.I called Dish and a guy in ATS told me that EHD transfer problems are still on the bug list even after the S424/S335 updates.

Looking at the screenshots posted, there appears to be plenty of open space. If descriptions are getting cut off, they can't be using much of that space (or the description is really, really long -- longer than necessary ?).
20140127181336sm.jpg

Here's an example (from HWS S335) of a long description being truncated by the new info screen. Sure, that description is probably longer than necessary, but it is what it is. I've notice this especially with movies. I never saw this situation on my Hoppers before this change. Somehow, the descriptions always fit, no matter how long.

Personally, I don't see the need for the "Recommendations". Many of them don't even make sense. And I agree that bringing back the "Close" button (and giving it the initial focus) would be a great improvement.

On the new info screen, I don't see what was accomplished by moving the title, rating, time, channel, etc. out from the top portion of the screen to the right of the preview window. Giant waste of screen real estate, whereas if that was still up where it was, there would be ample room for long descriptions.

I see the skip forward and back indicators have changed to show 30s instead of 30 sec. I also see it adds up multiple presses of the button so pressing skip forward four times shows 2m which I liked!
I was just coming to ask if this was new or if we'd simply not caught it previously. My 12-year old daughter just found it (the multiple press adds up the time indicator, that is).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)