Hopper 2K Upgraded to S449 - Joeys Don't Work

SpringerTigger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2009
Central Iowa
I can't believe I'm the only person with this problem. Both of my Hoppers (2K) were upgraded to S449 overnight. None of my Joeys (3) work now. :-( They are getting hung on "Downloading Vital Information." I have reset (unplug, wait and plug back in) the Hoppers and the Joeys numerous times. It's too coincidental to think that 3 Joeys would all go bad at the same time, let alone on the day after a software upgrade. Anyone else have this software upgrade and similar issues?

I thought the newest software was S515 right now. Regardless, both of my Joeys are doing the same thing after the download last night.

Bridging is not enabled. The last Joey reboot I did seemed to have cleared it up for now though. Got the "new features" messages on screen when it came back on.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've rebooted everything and still had the same issue. Diagnostics show that moca is good and everything is connected.

Bridging was already disabled. I enabled it, and got one Joey to work for about 2 minutes (literally 2 minutes). Then, it wanted to reset its memory. It's back to downloading vital information. I re-disabled bridging. Hasn't made any difference.

After my last reboot, the Joey finally upgraded to the new software. Shows S386 installed at 6:56pm.

I noticed the same issue this morning on my Joeys. I rebooted my Hopper and that got the Joeys working normally. Fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)