HOPPER 3 4K QUESTION

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ejwhite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
Minnesota
I have the Hopper with Sling. I now have a 4K TV and I also have Netflix. I know the Hopper 3 is the only Hopper that will handle 4K. I would like to know if the Hopper 3 will show Netfilx 4k if upgraded to the Netflix Premium or would it just come through in 1080?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I am aware of that. My question is, if I upgrade Netflix will the Hopper 3 display the Netflix content as 4K? Or, will it just display 1080 like most content on Dish is?

I just checked and I get nothing off Netflix via an H3 in 4K. All titles that are said to be in 4K say HD. I go to the app on my TV and I get HDR & Ultra HD 4K. Got the World Cup in HDR UHD 4K.

I just checked and I get nothing off Netflix via an H3 in 4K. All titles that are said to be in 4K say HD. I go to the app on my TV and I get HDR & Ultra HD 4K. Got the World Cup in 4K.
Try a red button reboot on your H3. I’ve to do that more than once to get Netflix to play 4K.

Try a red button reboot on your H3. I’ve to do that more than once to get Netflix to play 4K.

What a strange world this is. Since I have gotten this unit last May, I have Red Button, Pulled the Plug & Rebooted from the Tools, and still no 4K. BUT from your suggestion I did a RBR and there they are. BUT, again, you have to wait for the box and TV to "talk" or they are HD. I went back to check again and the TV didn't go black and come back and they were HD, then the flash and UHD. Looks like a tad of a Handshake issue . . . I had something like this with my 2008 DLP when 1080i/p came out. The DISH box took its time acknowledging that the TV was capable. Also, I only get UHD and no HDR. Yet, since the WC was in it.

Thanks for the nudge. I would have thought, "Not yet", maybe with U518 . . .

What a strange world this is. Since I have gotten this unit last May, I have Red Button, Pulled the Plug & Rebooted from the Tools, and still no 4K. BUT from your suggestion I did a RBR and there they are. BUT, again, you have to wait for the box and TV to "talk" or they are HD. I went back to check again and the TV didn't go black and come back and they were HD, then the flash and UHD. Looks like a tad of a Handshake issue . . . I had something like this with my 2008 DLP when 1080i/p came out. The DISH box took its time acknowledging that the TV was capable. Also, I only get UHD and no HDR. Yet, since the WC was in it.

Thanks for the nudge. I would have thought, "Not yet", maybe with U518 . . .
World Cup was HDR on a special channel, as was the last Winter Olympics. The Netflix app on the Hopper doesn't seem to be HDR capable...

Well since all this I only got 4K when I played with it during this conversation. Hadn't been able to get it since. It's easier to just use the TV app with guaranteed 4K & HDR. Plus the PQ is better.

Sent from my SM-T280 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: HiDefRev

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)