Hopper 3 and EHD

Texican

Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
West Texas
We will be moving shortly and without DISH for a few months. In the meantime will my deactivated Hopper 3 play recordings from the EHD?

Thanks

When you say deactivated, are putting your account on hold, or are you cancelling?

Didn't know putting on hold is an option. Does that keep the Hopper activated? That would be perfect.
Does putting on hold have a time limit ?
3 mos, I believe. Best to call and find out. If you cancel the account, then start another, all your recordings on the EHD will not be watchable. EHD is tie to account #, not name or address.

You may have solved the hold problem but I think Hopper still needs to be connected to a DISH signal to continue to work playing back EHD.

You may have solved the hold problem but I think Hopper still needs to be connected to a DISH signal to continue to work playing back EHD.

You're probably right. That was actually my question but failed to mention it. I'm guessing DISH phone
support doesn't know the answer.

Reactions: pattykay
I use to put Dish on Hold every summer for 15 years for about 4 months. It was $5 per month. One summer I came to the house for a week and was surprised that the Dish system was fully active.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)