Hopper 3 - Corrupted Recordings - Error 04

I wish I could figure out the pattern of which programs record and which programs send you straight to the delete button, error 4.

It seems so random. My understanding is that the crack crew at Dish is working on it and will have it fixed by the end of the month.

My 8pm NBC and 9pm CBS were OK. My only issue lately has been 7pm CW55. I recorded CW 630-7pm and 7pm-8pm just for the hell of it last night, and it figures no corruptions, since I wasn't recording anything I cared about...

I am hearing that they have found the issues causing the corrupted recordings and a fix will be coming shortly. But I am also hearing that unfortunately those corrupted files will never play. :(
I know that they are working on this issue but the problem is growing fast. I lost 4 recordings today alone. Three of recordings are say that they are still recording and that is 4 hours after it should have stopped. I hope they stop when the system resets tonight.
This problem is getting embarrassing for me. I'm is the one who made a big deal about upgrading to the Hopper 3 and now that you can't be sure of the recordings, I'm getting flack over it.
Dish send out the fix ASAP. please!!!!!!!!!!:attention

Reactions: MitchDeerfield
im waiting for update 309. 308 and 307 were obviously crap. i still have No good tiles for my recordings. pandora has worked maybe once this month. VOD maybe once a week.
weather app and game finder app gave me a Big Black box during the hockey game i was trying to watch.
Besides the dvr glitch. ( i reset my recordings. all the others .... i guess i can those get later..
i originally came here for help. and when i didnt get any i was pretty much i was told i was stupid and just wait and wait.
ive paid big bucks for my Dish service with no complaints since 1996.
But the H3 is a bigger pos than the dishplayer7100. all i want is the same functions i had on my HWS or even 722

Guys, I think I may know what is behind this. Here is my story... Since day 1 of receiving the H3 3 days after launch I have had NO issues with corrupt recordings. However I am anal as we record allot of shows to watch later so those shows get put to a folder x1 which every couple of days i transfer to a ehd. All was working find until middle of this past week 1 corrupt recording then the next day 2 corrupt recordings then a couple of more until Saturday. Guess what I HAD NOT done all week moved my recording from my x1 folder to my EHD. My hopper internally had 15%used so I moved everything and i am back down to 5% used and saturday night and this morning no corrupt recordings. Looking back I DO NOT think i have ever been above 8 or 10% used until I got sloppy this past week. How much you want to bet there is an arithmetic issue when the "corrupted" shows start as its verifying free space... Thoughts... Anyone want to try running below 8% utilized and see if that helps. I forgot to mention yes i have received all updates and am running u308

I have had some bad recordings too but so far they have all been from the CW channel. I experimented the other day and watched the show I was recording on the CW channel and was able to view the recording later although it stated the recording was for 12 hours or so.

I've noticed this error too a few times on my H3. For the times it has occurred there seems to be a common issue I've noticed where it was a future airing of a show that I set to record via what the Guide shows. However if I actually tune to that channel/time when the recorded show is supposed to come on something completely different is playing live. For me it appears to be happening becuase the guide is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts