Hopper 3 for new customers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
My brother has been on the fence about switching from DirecTV to Dish and I think he's ready to go now. I plan to refer him with a code and also help him with ordering. When doing the online configuration thing, it appears that it's still a Hopper with Sling. If someone orders online, will they automatically get a Hopper 3, or do we need to call in and order? It's not clear how to make sure a brand new customer gets a H3.

My brother has been on the fence about switching from DirecTV to Dish and I think he's ready to go now. I plan to refer him with a code and also help him with ordering. When doing the online configuration thing, it appears that it's still a Hopper with Sling. If someone orders online, will they automatically get a Hopper 3, or do we need to call in and order? It's not clear how to make sure a brand new customer gets a H3.

I would just call in to make sure you get him what he wants. That, or find a local retailer.

My father had a Hopper 3 installed yesterday - we got on the dish chat and signed up so I could make sure he got the 3 and not a Hopper with sling. A local retailer would have been my first choice but sadly there are none close to where we live (NW MO).

Reactions: avediswolf
Starting to think chat is the new way to go. Seems to be fewest issues. Tried Dirt for a hopper 3 upgrade and was very disappointed in the help.

I dunno I called and had my install on December 24, got the h3 upgrade for nothing on Sunday. Oh and btw the system that Dish places the order on defaults to the hws unless you say you have a 4K.

I guess I have been lucky, either DiRT, chat or call I have always had luck. But I have also only needed to contact Dish a handful of times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts