Hopper 3 - Guide only goes out 2 days as of tonight

Byron56

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
Up until this evening I could look ahead in the guide for @ 8 days. This evening I went to look at the guide to look ahead 8 days and it will only go out as far as Friday Sep 15 at 7:30 PM EDT. I have been looking every night to see what shows are starting up again for the Fall, so I know this was working as late as this morning.

Tired using Diag/Tools to reset the Hopper 3 - no change. Then unplugged it and still no change.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Going to call Customer Support tomorrow.

Up until this evening I could look ahead in the guide for @ 8 days. This evening I went to look at the guide to look ahead 8 days and it will only go out as far as Friday Sep 15 at 7:30 PM EDT. I have been looking every night to see what shows are starting up again for the Fall, so I know this was working as late as this morning.

Tired using Diag/Tools to reset the Hopper 3 - no change. Then unplugged it and still no change.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue? Going to call Customer Support tomorrow.

You beat me to the punch. I was actually going to post a topic about this when I noticed it a few minutes ago while browsing the guide. I also have a Hopper 3 and up until yesterday (Sept. 13), I was getting the full 8.5-day guide, but now I'm also only getting 48 hours in advance. And because of that, the DVR timers section won't show me what's scheduled to record beyond the 48-hour window either.

I checked the Diagnostics section and the hard drive has a green checkmark. Also used the Reset option in Diagnostics and also unplugged the power cord for 5 minutes. Still nothing. My H3 also says it's got U502 and it's updated to the newest software version.

And on top of all this, I checked my account online at MyDish and everything seems to be in order. Payments are up-to-date and account's in good standing.

So I'm thinking maybe there's a glitch going on here, but I'm not sure. If anyone can confirm, that'd be great.

You beat me to the punch. I was actually going to post a topic about this when I noticed it a few minutes ago while browsing the guide. I also have a Hopper 3 and up until yesterday (Sept. 13), I was getting the full 8.5-day guide, but now I'm also only getting 48 hours in advance. And because of that, the DVR timers section won't show me what's scheduled to record beyond the 48-hour window either.

I checked the Diagnostics section and the hard drive has a green checkmark. Also used the Reset option in Diagnostics and also unplugged the power cord for 5 minutes. Still nothing. My H3 also says it's got U502 and it's updated to the newest software version.

And on top of all this, I checked my account online at MyDish and everything seems to be in order. Payments are up-to-date and account's in good standing.

So I'm thinking maybe there's a glitch going on here, but I'm not sure. If anyone can confirm, that'd be great.
Just checked. It's fine through most of next Thursday. I have 502

I am also at U502 - updated 8/30 and like you see the same issue with looking at scheduled recordings - only 2 days out.

I have an older 722K DVR with the optional OTA tuner module. I went to look at the guide a few minutes ago & notice some of my local OTA channels had no data & the guide ended Friday evening. A message came up stating the guide was out of date & asked if I wanted to update, which I did, but to no avail. I then did the unplug/plugin process but the guide did not change.

My guide ends Friday 9-15-2017 at 10:30PM. The OTA sub-channels have no data.

And as mentioned above no scheduled recordings past Friday night are listed, even though they used to be.

I have hopper 3 with the same issue. I turned on my tv a few minutes ago and noticed hopper was restarting by itself. Guide downloaded 100% and i hoped it would be fixed but now the guide goes 48hrs thru sat 230 am

I have hopper 3 with the same issue. I turned on my tv a few minutes ago and noticed hopper was restarting by itself. Guide downloaded 100% and i hoped it would be fixed but now the guide goes 48hrs thru sat 230 am

Based off this thread I just checked my H3 and it also only goes to 2:30am on Saturday! I have U502.

Evidently they have pushed something recently that has caused this screw up. Not just coincidental that numerous people are having this same problem.

My guide was normal late last night but now like the others it also only goes until Saturday morning

Just watched my guide download but it made no difference - still only goes out about 2 days.

Just called Customer Support - appears to be a known issue that has been reported to engineering. At least they didn't ask me to reset it or go through other steps I had already done :)

FYI - watched the guide download 3 times this morning before I called.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)