Hopper 3 H313 Software Update 12/10/2021

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What are the improvements Charles? Also, does Dish update both Hopper and Joeys at the same time?
Thanks.
Don't know of any improvements. If you leave your Joeys off after the Hopper 3 update the Joeys should update automatically if they have an update too. I haven't had a chance yet to check my Joeys. Maybe this afternoon I will have a chance to check and update the 40.0 color button list and my Joeys. My morning is full of stuff to do.

Reactions: sktrus and TheKrell
I'm having issues since updating to 312 where it doesn't record VOD, So maybe this is a fix for that.

Update: Nope 313 didn't fix that, so I may have an issue with my H3.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I'm having issues since updating to 312 where it doesn't record VOD, So maybe this is a fix for that.

Update: Nope 313 didn't fix that, so I may have an issue with my H3.
Are you saying you can't get VOD when you try to download it? VOD doesn't record the same way regular programming does. It goes into a special folder.

Are you saying you can't get VOD when you try to download it? VOD doesn't record the same way regular programming does. It goes into a special folder.
It lists the titles of shows and all when I hit the select button to download , nothing happens. then when I hit the back button to go back to a TV channel just the small corner screen appears of the channel, and guide is blank, after a minute or so the guide displays. and it's back to normal.
started with 312 update and now its at 313 and still having same issue. I unplugged the hopper for 30mins and plugged it back in didn't resolve issue. I own this receiver and have had it for over 3 yrs and has performed flawlessly, until now. recordings on DVR is @ 67%

Update: I can download and watch Movies on Demand no problem, but not TV Series.

Last edited:
Tried to upgrade my H3 from H312 to H313 but it said I had the latest version. Waiting...
Huh. Mine is still on 212 this morning as well. But it is upgrading itself with my intervention. OK, I now have 313. The problem I most want them to fix is my 1.5TB disk making my 6TB disk disappear. That is not fixed. Yes, that adds to 7.5TB which is above the 7TB limit. But bookworm has 8TB online all the time, so I don't know why his works and mine doesn't. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Huh. Mine is still on 212 this morning as well. But it is upgrading itself with my intervention. OK, I now have 313. The problem I most want them to fix is my 1.5TB disk making my 6TB disk disappear. That is not fixed. Yes, that adds to 7.5TB which is above the 7TB limit. But bookworm has 8TB online all the time, so I don't know why his works and mine doesn't. :(
I just got a call from another tech who is at a job where the customer has the newest software on a Hopper 2 with 3 EHDs ( 2GB, 2GB, 4GB) and she keeps losing them in her DVR Menu

I just got a call from another tech who is at a job where the customer has the newest software on a Hopper 2 with 3 EHDs ( 2GB, 2GB, 4GB) and she keeps losing them in her DVR Menu
I think disappearing EHDs is yet another problem separate and distinct from mine, dating back to the VIP days. Whenever my disks disappear, I just reboot the Hopper (or the 722) and they're back. But I never get to see my 6TB if the 1.5TB is online, even after a reboot.

One of my EHD's, the largest one (7TB) doesn't disappear but shows an error when you try to transfer to it. It reads and plays back just fine. But when you try to transfer to it, it errors out. Rebooting the Hopper fixes it. The other EHD's (smaller) are just fine.

My guess is Dish isn't took worried about larger EHD issues.

Yup, it's a 5400 RPM surveillance drive. If you do a search on the forums that mention the new limits you'll find a detailed log of my setup, hardware and where I got everything. It's really fast, as it's in a USB3 enclosure (compared to my older WD MyBooks) but still the one quirk. But as we read more than we write, I save up 3-4 shows that I'd like to transfer to it, then wait until sometime in the morning when nothing is recording, reset the Hopper and do my transfers then.

Isn't H313 still current? If so, that's the one I have. I just noticed a bug that is finally fixed. It is possible it was fixed earlier and I just didn't notice.

The RECALL button works to toggle back and for between live channels, or a live channel and the last played recorded program. (Note that when going back to the recorded program, it generally skips forward 30 seconds and that is still happening.)

But the RECALL button did not work if the last program you watched was VOD. I forget what it did before rather than going to the VOD program. But now that too works.

Nice fix, Dish.

Last edited:
Isn't H313 still current? If so, that's the one I have. I just noticed a bug that is finally fixed. It is possible it was fixed earlier and I just didn't notice.

The RECALL button works to toggle back and for between live channels, or a live channel and the last played recorded program. (Note that when going back to the recorded program, it generally skips forward 30 seconds and that is still happening.)

But the RECALL button did not work if the last program you watched was VOD. I forget what it did before rather than going to the VOD program. But now that too works.

Nice fix, Dish.
H414 is the most current and I think there's a new one coming out this week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)