Hopper 3 H344 Update

A little more data. The black screen hadn’t occurred for awhile, but then it occurred the last two morning in a row. So I still don’t see a pattern. However, one additional detail for this morning. Even though the video audio was blank when brought out of standby. But a program was being recorded at the same time. To my surprise, the recording was fine with full video and audio. Again, a reboot fixed the issue.

It made me wonder, since the turner that was being used for the recording worked OK, but the turner live viewing was not, what diagnostics would you suggest I look at if I get this again?
To me that suggests the live player is crashing but not self recovering and would probably be resolved with a channel change...but I know we have crashing issues that are only resolved through reboot right now so it could be that as well.

I highly doubt there's anything you could see in a diagnostic sense that would help though, it really would require engineers to dig through logs from the receiver which I can definitely have them do (I just need your receiver number and time stamp of when it happened converted to mountain time).

Reactions: charlesrshell
well as of j344 on joey4k

the jump back to live tv issue is still present, it just seem to take much longer for to actual happen. I was watching MGM D+ yesterday rewind 10 seconds and all was fine no jump back to to live tv, till about 30 minutes later where it actual did jump back to live tv.

Not sure about function h3 both h3 and both joey 4k are on same software. and everything hardware in my setup has been replaced not sure about amazon app being fixed i stop using threw joey 4k again.

To me that suggests the live player is crashing but not self recovering and would probably be resolved with a channel change...but I know we have crashing issues that are only resolved through reboot right now so it could be that as well.

I highly doubt there's anything you could see in a diagnostic sense that would help though, it really would require engineers to dig through logs from the receiver which I can definitely have them do (I just need your receiver number and time stamp of when it happened converted to mountain time).
OK, good. The next time it happens I will note the time and PM you my receiver number.

I talked to a DISH rep yesterday who was clueless about software versions and maintained my frequent black screens and reboots meant I need a replacement H3.

Also he was unaware of Satelliteguys. Looks this would be a valuable resource to the techs.
I genuinely learn SOOOO much here. And get so many needed 'heads up, this is about to change' updates that even some of my coaches have no idea is a 'thing'.

I was asking others on my team and some higher-ups about how the 129 satellite going away might affect the Dish Outdoors mobile dishes for well over a month, as I saw it here... and no less than FIVE people above me had no idea what I meant. Or hadn't heard of this about to happen.

Yet another bit a data. Last night I was watching 198, the Lighthouse Dishscape, and it suddenly froze with a popup saying something had gone wrong with the streaming download (198 is a streaming version of Dishscape where as 199 is a sat channel). I thought I would just change to a different channel. To my surprise, the channel appeared to be changed but there was no sound and still had the frozen “Lighthouse“ picture. I changed the channel a couple more times and got the same results. I then realized that this is the same problem as the “Black Screen from standby” issue I’ve talking about except now that “Lighthouse” picture was the last frame in the HW frame buffer. Where as it just happens that a black frame was in the HW frame buffer when brought out of standby.

That seems to add credence to your suggestion that the live viewer crashed and didn’t auto recover. I have an exact time of this event and could PM you my receiver number if you think it would help engineering.

I genuinely learn SOOOO much here. And get so many needed 'heads up, this is about to change' updates that even some of my coaches have no idea is a 'thing'.

I was asking others on my team and some higher-ups about how the 129 satellite going away might affect the Dish Outdoors mobile dishes for well over a month, as I saw it here... and no less than FIVE people above me had no idea what I meant. Or hadn't heard of this about to happen.
Sorry to say but that lack of knowledge of Dish process rolls down to the customers and at times the techs. It's frustrating

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts