Hopper 3 H353

And another new version. {sigh}. So far, minor issues with ff/rw. Still need to hit 2x to start ff/rw.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
I also received H353 last night. Pressing the skip forward skips ahead 30 seconds every time you press it. To enter 15x fast forward you need to hold the skip ahead button down. Once you enter fast forward 15X additional presses give you 60X and then 300X. This is how it was designed so it is correct. Similarly skip back gives you 10 seconds each press and holding the button in gives you 15X rewind with additional presses giving you 60X and 300X.
So I don’t see a problem.

Pressing ff/rw once does nothing for me. The screen will say +30 or -10, when it actually didn't move. Pressing 2x will move it +30 or -10. Once started, than it works properly. Otherwise, so far, this build seems to be stable.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Pressing ff/rw once does nothing for me. The screen will say +30 or -10, when it actually didn't move. Pressing 2x will move it +30 or -10. Once started, than it works properly. Otherwise, so far, this build seems to be stable.

It always amazes me how two Hopper3 receivers can act differently using the same software build. Both of my Hopper3 receivers and my Joey3 are working correctly while yours requires an extra push of the remote.
I am sure that it is extremely frustrating to the Dish engineers.

It always amazes me how two Hopper3 receivers can act differently using the same software build. Both of my Hopper3 receivers and my Joey3 are working correctly while yours requires an extra push of the remote.
Different remotes?

For me with H353, I'm seeing normal behavior on my Hopper 3, but I'm seeing the FF/REW issues described here on my Joey 3. The response to pressing the FF/REW button is also slow on the Joey 3, like what people have described with a Hopper+ and Joey 4.

For me with H353, I'm seeing normal behavior on my Hopper 3, but I'm seeing the FF/REW issues described here on my Joey 3. The response to pressing the FF/REW button is also slow on the Joey 3, like what people have described with a Hopper+ and Joey 4.
I tested trick play on my Joey3 which has J553 for its software and everything is working fine.
1) Each press forward gives 30 sec and multiple presses add 30 additional second for each press
2) Each press backward gives 10 sec with multiple presses adding increments of 10 sec.
3) Holding the forward button gives 15x, then 60x, then 300x
4) Holding the backward button gives 15x, then 60x, then 300x.
All of the responses are extremely quick.
I am using Model 54 remote.

I tested trick play on my Joey3 which has J553 for its software and everything is working fine.
1) Each press forward gives 30 sec and multiple presses add 30 additional second for each press
2) Each press backward gives 10 sec with multiple presses adding increments of 10 sec.
3) Holding the forward button gives 15x, then 60x, then 300x
4) Holding the backward button gives 15x, then 60x, then 300x.
All of the responses are extremely quick.
I am using Model 54 remote.
Tonight I had my first problem with the H353 software. I was watching a Hallmark movie on my Family Room Hopper3 that I had recorded on my Living Room Hopper3. Everything was going good until at approximately 46 minutes while skipping through commercials my Living Room Hopper3 rebooted. After the reboot I tried to resume the movie but it started at the beginning. I had to fast forward to the point where I was before. This is the first problem I have had with this software build. I have done this with several other movies with no problem.

Tonight I had my first problem with the H353 software. I was watching a Hallmark movie on my Family Room Hopper3 that I had recorded on my Living Room Hopper3. Everything was going good until at approximately 46 minutes while skipping through commercials my Living Room Hopper3 rebooted. After the reboot I tried to resume the movie but it started at the beginning. I had to fast forward to the point where I was before. This is the first problem I have had with this software build. I have done this with several other movies with no problem.

This has been reported before and I believe they're working to resolve it.

"It's a Feature!"

Mine do that. It's like buying two identical cars. One was made on a Monday, the other on a Thursday. Monday is all kinds of Wonky. Where Thursday is just fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)