Hopper 3 - Is this a known bug? - Won't/Can't deleting recordings during playback

Almighty1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
San Francisco, California USA
I'm curious but what is the correct way to delete the current recording being played back? In my case, I either hit into or pause and hit info and in both cases, select delete which confirms the deletion except the recording never got deleted on the DVR recordings area. Hitting info in the DVR recordings area and then doing delete actually deletes the recording. Is this a known bug?

If you have stopped watching the recording and want to delete it, go to the DVR recordings area and click on that recording and delete it, or, simply press the blue button (if you are using a 40 remote) and it will delete. If you haven't stopped the playback, you must stop the playback first. Then, delete it from the DVR recordings menu....

Think about it. It's kind of like putting the car into Park..... ;)

Actually, if you stop, it will bring up a menu to delete, live or dvr. If you delete, it will delete so no need to goto the dvr recordings area and do the delete. What I meant in my original post was that if hitting info and it has a option to delete which is available, it should actually delete or why bother putting it there.

Think about it. It's kind of like putting the car into Park..... ;)
Teenage Me knows that putting a moving Mercury Colony Park station wagon traveling at 35 mph into Park makes hell of a noise as well as a sudden desire on the car's part to swap ends.

Kids: Don't try this at Home (or on the road!)

Back on Topic, I've not seen this, so I'll have to check it out. The phrase "pulling the rug out from under you" comes to mind...

Actually, if you stop, it will bring up a menu to delete, live or dvr. If you delete, it will delete so no need to goto the dvr recordings area and do the delete. What I meant in my original post was that if hitting info and it has a option to delete which is available, it should actually delete or why bother putting it there.
Maybe because when you press info and offers the opportunity to delete it is assuming that you are not still recording. I seem to remember some time back that, if you were still recording, it would tell you you must stop before deleting....

If you have stopped watching the recording and want to delete it, go to the DVR recordings area and click on that recording and delete it, or, simply press the blue button (if you are using a 40 remote) and it will delete. If you haven't stopped the playback, you must stop the playback first. Then, delete it from the DVR recordings menu....

I must be missing something here. I have the H3 and when I'm finished watching a recorded program I just go into DVR and highlight the recording and press the select button to delete. I never stop it from playing and never have problems doing this!

I must be missing something here. I have the H3 and when I'm finished watching a recorded program I just go into DVR and highlight the recording and press the select button to delete. I never stop it from playing and never have problems doing this!
The issue is not when it is prerecorded. It is when it is still recording.... You have to tell it to stop that recording before it will delete it.

Maybe because when you press info and offers the opportunity to delete it is assuming that you are not still recording. I seem to remember some time back that, if you were still recording, it would tell you you must stop before deleting....

These are not still recording since I am talking about recordings that have already completely recorded before even doing the playback If the recording was still in progress and you watch it, it's an entirely different issue.

That would only work if it was one recording. It doesn't work well if it was a daily recording that airs 3 times a day of the same episode, you might accidentally delete the wrong recording. Going into the DVR, doing info and selecting delete works fine. It's just doing info during playback and selecting info that doesn't delete.

He didn't have to, if it wasn't recording the deletion would work...

It wasn't recording and the deletion did not work. That was what I was trying to say since when I view the recordings, it had already completed the recording by the time I view it. When I meant current recording, I did not mean it was recording currently but rather it is the current viewed recording.

You should have the Mods change this thread's title to make it less ambiguous. I took it to mean that the Hopper 3 was deleting the recording being played back on its own, a serious bug! What it should read is "Hopper 3 - is this a known bug? Won't/Can't delete recording during playback"

—Roland

Reactions: Almighty1
Also, if it was a program still being recorded and you were playing back and hit info, it would have a "Stop Recording" option where the "Delete" is would be if it was a completed recording since with the former, you hit Stop Recording and you get another screen to Stop Recording, Stop Recording and Record Next Airing and another option, basically requiring you to stop the recording first. The Delete option only shows up on a Info screen if the recording was already completed and hitting Delete would basically stop the recording and go back to live but does not delete the recording. Just tried it on a recording in progress and also a completed recording to confirm.

You should have the Mods change this thread's title to make it less ambiguous. I took it to mean that the Hopper 3 was deleting the recording being played back on its own, a serious bug! What it should read is "Hopper 3 - is this a known bug? Won't/Can't delete recording during playback"

—Roland

Good point, I couldn't think of the correct way to phrase it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts