This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Hopper 3 lost its mind today.

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I don't know what happened today but my Hopper 3 lost its mind. Was trying to watch OnDemand and it kept looping the closing credits on an episode of Yellowstone. Then it would not stop, I tried to start another episode and it said I had reached my limit for streaming. I switched it to live tv and it would not pause at all. I reset it and it was good for a few hours, then did it again. I had to reset it a second time. It has never done this before. Has been pretty much rock solid for the last year and a half I have had it. Hopefully this doesn't continue.

Reactions: TheKrell
This definitely isn't the experience we want you having with your equipment, olds403. If this does happen again, please reach out to our Live Chat Team here: MyDISH by selecting the Chat With Us option, or by calling our Customer Support team at: 1-800-333-3474. They will be able to access your account and check some things with your equipment to help get this resolved.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I haven't seen the original issues again, yet, but the skip back button seems to be more screwed up than normal. I don't know if it was the most recent update (I have H313 on the Hopper 3). If I hit the skip back button, it will only skip back 20 seconds if I hit it once, 30 seconds if I hit it twice, then almost immediately it returns to live tv. I know the skip buttons have been acting up for a while but not like this.

I am sorry to say that my H3 has been acting like that for more than a year. The spontaneous skip to live TV is the bug that drives me crazy.

I am sorry to say that my H3 has been acting like that for more than a year. The spontaneous skip to live TV is the bug that drives me crazy.
Yeah, I have had the random skip to live tv on paused tv for a while, but I just noticed the skip back button only doing 20 seconds on the first click and immediately going to live tv recently. This ONLY happens on live tv, the skip/pause buttons work normally on DVR recordings.

My Hoppers & Joeys do 10 second skip back.

Reactions: olds403
My Hoppers & Joeys do 10 second skip back.
Yeah, it works correctly on recorded programs. Try doing that on a live or paused program.
This is viewing on my Joey 3 that the skip back button is jumping right to 20 seconds, then it will immediately jump back to live tv.
Yup. Others here discovered that, if you skip back a minute or more, it will not skip ahead to live. This skip ahead to live really sucks. I have many occasions when I miss some dialog and I want to hear it again. A 10 sec skip back would be ideal, but never works because it skips ahead to live, which skips over the dialog that I missed!

Last edited: